Any word when the 2018 Patrols will be released?

PB Forum :: Transition
Any word when the 2018 Patrols will be released?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
Gonna pick up a 2018 patrol once they are released, anyone get the inside scoop on an approx release date. I'm hoping it's no later than the first week of Sept, I gotta ride soon! I'm assuming that they will incorporate the speed balanced geometry into the new patrol also, hopefully that wont push things back too much.

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
Eurobike is at the end of the month and I know Transition will be at the show. That would seem to be a good point to launch their 2018 bikes.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
They will release info in the next couple of weeks and availability will be octoberish

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
No embargo in America then?

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
They might be at crankworx whistler?

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
I'm hoping they will be in the uk early october. I've ordered one. I really really really hope it turns up in time for my bike park wales trip I the start of the third week in october.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
Is it known at this point whether or not any of the 2018 releases (for October) will be Carbon or are they all Aluminum at this point?

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 8:42 Quote
Caddz wrote:
Is it known at this point whether or not any of the 2018 releases (for October) will be Carbon or are they all Aluminum at this point?

Apparently aluminium only and that carbon will be next year.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
I swung by their HQ this weekend. Talked to a nice wrench there. All of the 2018's are sold out for first run. They are going to do demo days in Moab in the near future (I can't remember what date - sorry folks). Best guess was January or Feb for the next runs.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
Poulsbojohnny wrote:
I swung by their HQ this weekend. Talked to a nice wrench there. All of the 2018's are sold out for first run. They are going to do demo days in Moab in the near future (I can't remember what date - sorry folks). Best guess was January or Feb for the next runs.

That makes no sense as they aren't even released yet. If in the unlikely event this is true I might just buy a 2018 frame.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
I'm sure they are pre-orders. Smile Call them up and ask. Friendly bunch.

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
Poulsbojohnny wrote:

I can also confirm that the 2018 first batch is sold out from what my dealer told me. I ordered a Sentinel the week they were available for preorder. Last week i was told delivery was expected "early november".

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
Do they have demos in bellingham?

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
Just an update in case anyone is still looking. I pre ordered my Patrol on the 10th and picked it up today in Massachusetts. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper trail test yet but it looks and feels absolutely amazing so far. It looks so well built, those guys put a lot of thought into the bike and improving the details the previous versions.

2018 Patrol 3, Size L, Ponderosa Green

I added on a one up bash guard, crank boots and 2.5 DHF WT exo 3C's.

My only complaint is the reverb dropper has that awful plunger type remote lever. I'll be switching that out for a wolf tooth if it's compatible.

I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to post one in this forum.

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 18:36 Quote
Jasonterry002000 wrote:
Just an update in case anyone is still looking. I pre ordered my Patrol on the 10th and picked it up today in Massachusetts. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper trail test yet but it looks and feels absolutely amazing so far. It looks so well built, those guys put a lot of thought into the bike and improving the details the previous versions.

2018 Patrol 3, Size L, Ponderosa Green

I added on a one up bash guard, crank boots and 2.5 DHF WT exo 3C's.

My only complaint is the reverb dropper has that awful plunger type remote lever. I'll be switching that out for a wolf tooth if it's compatible.

I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to post one in this forum.

Which shop did you order from? Im in MA as well and have had an '18 transition on order since early september and still don't have an official ETA.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013190
Mobile Version of Website