Any word when the 2018 Patrols will be released?

PB Forum :: Transition
Any word when the 2018 Patrols will be released?
O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 20:16 Quote
I ordered mine from Wheelworks in Belmont.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 15:04 Quote
Jasonterry002000 wrote:
Just an update in case anyone is still looking. I pre ordered my Patrol on the 10th and picked it up today in Massachusetts. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper trail test yet but it looks and feels absolutely amazing so far. It looks so well built, those guys put a lot of thought into the bike and improving the details the previous versions.

2018 Patrol 3, Size L, Ponderosa Green

I added on a one up bash guard, crank boots and 2.5 DHF WT exo 3C's.

My only complaint is the reverb dropper has that awful plunger type remote lever. I'll be switching that out for a wolf tooth if it's compatible.

I was going to post a picture but I can't figure out how to post one in this forum.
I just ordered the same bike. Eta 2 weeks. Let me know how the Wolftooth remote upgrade goes. As I will be replacing the plunger remote as well.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
I've heard from the shop i ordered my patrol gx build from. In the uk, the first bike shipment is in quarantine until this Saturday. Do I've been told ill be picking mine up Saturday the 11th November. Ill be sure to post up pictures when she arrives!

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
Mine (XO1 ponderosa green) was delivered yesterday and we built it up to about 90%. Just need to cut the cables down and attach the seat post cable. And throw on my pedals.

I was happy (and surprised) that the seatpost came with a paddle lever and not the thumb plunger thingy.

photo

The seat post actually may be too long for me. I have a 100mm KS Lev (take off from my Hei Hei Trail where it was too short!) so I may have to swap it out once I ride it.

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
TaniaP wrote:
Mine (XO1 ponderosa green) was delivered yesterday and we built it up to about 90%. Just need to cut the cables down and attach the seat post cable. And throw on my pedals.

I was happy (and surprised) that the seatpost came with a paddle lever and not the thumb plunger thingy.

photo

The seat post actually may be too long for me. I have a 100mm KS Lev (take off from my Hei Hei Trail where it was too short!) so I may have to swap it out once I ride it.

Did you try the bike already?

I'm also concerned about the seatpost length.

What's your inseam?

Did you weigh the bike?

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
I did ride it today but just in a clinic although I did take down the on-site dual slalom course a few times. So far I like it but not enough of a trial. I was riding flats for the first time and didn't want to die.

It's 33# with pedals and a good amount of Stans. Not light. Corners (berms and flat) really well. Climbing ease is TBD.

I'm 5'5" with a 29" inseam. The post is slammed all the way in the seat tube and I think it will be ok for steeper DH stuff. The action on the post is sticky - I have to fight a little to get it down all the way. The KS Lev I have on the Hei Hei is a lot smoother.

I got a medium - was nervous about the size but that's what the guys at Transition suggested for me. I'm definitely glad I didn't get a small.

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
TaniaP wrote:
I did ride it today but just in a clinic although I did take down the on-site dual slalom course a few times. So far I like it but not enough of a trial. I was riding flats for the first time and didn't want to die.

It's 33# with pedals and a good amount of Stans. Not light. Corners (berms and flat) really well. Climbing ease is TBD.

I'm 5'5" with a 29" inseam. The post is slammed all the way in the seat tube and I think it will be ok for steeper DH stuff. The action on the post is sticky - I have to fight a little to get it down all the way. The KS Lev I have on the Hei Hei is a lot smoother.

I got a medium - was nervous about the size but that's what the guys at Transition suggested for me. I'm definitely glad I didn't get a small.

Nice! I'm 31" inseam, so maybe I can deal with a 150 dropper on the m frame... I'm nervous about that too...

About the post being sticky, I'd say try it a few times, if it doesn't become smooth, send it to warranty!

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 8:49 Quote
anyone UK had there frame yet???

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
Has anyone an L or XL patrol and could post the weight? Further, I'm 188cm and have an inseam of about 87cm. I can't decide between the L and XL framesize. Any advice?

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 6:04 Quote
freeduro wrote:
Has anyone an L or XL patrol and could post the weight? Further, I'm 188cm and have an inseam of about 87cm. I can't decide between the L and XL framesize. Any advice?

In 6'2" and I'd recommend the xl.
My buddies large felt a bit small.
He's 6'1" but he likes smaller bikes.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
freeduro wrote:

I'm 183cm (6 foot) and size L works great. Comes with a 170mm seatpost which is super helpful. Stock XO build is a touch over 15kg (about 33.5 lbs) once tubes were taken out.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
Just building mine up. Really nice frame but one gripe so far is if you want to run a chain guide the cable routing for the rear mech is dreadful.Actually ran mine along the top of the swing arm. If it goes through it the back plate of the chain guide is in the way.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Just building mine up. Really nice frame but one gripe so far is if you want to run a chain guide the cable routing for the rear mech is dreadful.Actually ran mine along the top of the swing arm. If it goes through it the back plate of the chain guide is in the way.

What guide are you running?
I've got a absolute black bash and guidd on. The cable runs between the guide plate and chain ring. I just cable tied it to the guide plate to hold it off the chain ring.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
E13 and there is just no space. I'll maybe look into other guides at sompoint

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 1:51 Quote
New Transition Patrol 2018 in XL
So here is mine. Went for the XL size. The L just felt a little bit short while being in the saddle..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028494
Mobile Version of Website