PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Spot Mayhem 29 - Sacki´s kinda special custom build
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
Finally I could finish my Mayhem build.
It just rides awesome!

Highlights:
Fork: X-Fusion Revel (converted to 29" 140mm)
Brakes: Hybrid between Trickstuff Diretissima master cylinders mixed with Hope V4 calipers
Wheels: Acros Nineteen / LB RM29C07 / Sapim D-Light

Spot Mayhem 29 Highlights Fork X-Fusion Revel custom 29 Brakes Hybrid Trickstuff Diretissima Hope V4 Wheels Acros Ninetee LB Carbon RM29C07 Sapim D-Light
Spot Mayhem 29 Highlights Fork X-Fusion Revel custom 29 Brakes Hybrid Trickstuff Diretissima Hope V4 Wheels Acros Ninetee LB Carbon RM29C07 Sapim D-Light

Spec list:

Frame: Spot Mayhem size L
Shock: Cane Creek DB Air [IL] 200x57
Fork: X-Fusion Revel HLR, customized to 135~140mm travel and reduced A2C (540mm)
Headset: Acros ZS 44/56 + 2 Spacer
Stem: Newmen 318.2, 50mm
Handlebar: Pivot Carbon 800mm
Bottom Bracket: Acros BB (BSA + GXP Kit)
Crankset: X01 Eagle 32T GXP
Rear derailleur: X01 Eagle with BikeYoke Shifty
Shifters: X01 Eagle
Cassette: X01 Eagle
Cahin: XX1 Eagle, schwarz
Brake Levers: Trickstuff Diretissima with SRAM Matchmaker
Brake calipers: Hope V4 (converted to NBR seals for mineral oil usage)
Brake adapters: Hope
Brake hoses: Goodridge braided
Disc front: Hope floating, ventilated, 203mm
Disc rear: Hope floating, 180mm
Hub front: Acros Nineteen FR 20x110
Hub rear: Acros Nineteen ED Boost 12x148
Rims: Light Bicycle RM29C07 (customized artwork)
Spokes: Sapim D-Light 32x 286mm/ 32x 288mm
Nipples: Sapim Aluminium, red, 12mm
Tire front: WTB Vigilante 29x2.3, TCS tough, high grip
Tire rear: WTB Trail Boss 29x2.25, TCS tough, fast rolling
Seatpost: BikeYoke REVIVE 185/31.6 / Triggy Remote
Saddle: WTB Silverado Carbon
Pedals: Gamut Podium
Seatpost clamp: Trickstuff Gandhi
Handlebar grips: Ergon GE1

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 6:13 Quote
What was the idea behind the Trickstuff/Hope mixmatch? (other than the cool "wtf is that mix" factor Big Grin )

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 15:12 Quote
The idea behind it was to get the strongest brake, which you can make (to my knowledge, only the Gustav M calipers on the Diretissima master cylinders would be even stronger).
The Trickstuff master cylinders have the highest leverage ratio on the market, and the Hope V4 have the biggest piston diameters (18mm+16mm).

In comparison:
Diretissima caliper has 17+14
Magura MT7 has 17+17

Combining Trickstuff and Hope will create the most powerful brake and I must say, the mod did not disappoint! The brake has outstanding modulation and the ultimate brake power is just crazy high. You need a lot less power to get the same braking force as with other brakes, or you can brake a lot harder with same finger force. This means you safe a lot of energy during hard rides, and especially you can concentrate on other things than your fingers getting tired.
It was not very easy to find the proper seals for the V4 calipers and it took a few attemps to have it preoperly bled, but in the end it paid off to my full content.

The MT7 is strong (I ride it on my other bikes), the Diretissima is a lot strnonger with a nicer touch and lever feel already, and the Trickstuff/Hope mix is another league. I am not exaggerating!

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 0:19 Quote
Interesting, I run MT7s and Direttissima on my bikes (big heavy dude here Big Grin ), and so far I haven't been disappointed by either of them. Not sure about power but with the way the direttissima deliver, it feels they are much more powerful (MT7 with HC3 levers)

I have a spare MT7 caliper, but not a Direttissima spare lever haha (not sure how much they retail, but probably quite a lot :lolSmile

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
The Diretissima levers retail for 330€ for the pair (note: levers only, no caliper and no fittings).
The Magura do have enough power for anything one could ask for. They perfom very well, and they are also light. However, they do not look "high-end" to me, and (to be honest) I wanted something crazy, which may not make sense, because it is expensive and it is not ligher. But I like the extra power, since I can safe some energy. I do not need to worry about cramping arms anymore. It is just amazing, how little you have to think about braking with those. They just do what you want with tiny effort. Just as good, as I dreamed them to be, and better than I actually expected. I really didnt know, how good the mis-match would work out, and that´s why I am so happy. I´d really like to read a review about this brake.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
A real looker fosure!

Brakes must be equivalent to my Brembo monoblock on my old ktm.
Superbly modulated brakes with little input to provide ultimate stopping power.

Your combo of brakes must be like the push shock 11-6 of the rear shock world...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017767
Mobile Version of Website