2018 Spartans

PB Forum :: Devinci
2018 Spartans
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
Any thoughts on these? Will any of you be upgrading?

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
Gfresh90 wrote:
Any thoughts on these? Will any of you be upgrading?

Looks like my 2017 Troy only not a pretty. A little puzzled by the huge price jump for the XO Eagle. The 17 Troy kit came in under 7K and the Spartan is close to 9K.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 13:37 Quote
It just caused me a new headache...

I was waiting for the 2018 Transition Patrol to be released, and now Devinci releases this beauty!

Now my heart is divided again...

The only thing I would change is the aluminium frame colors.

Don't really care about the builds as I'm buying frame only

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
I am considering upgrading from my 2014 Carbon Troy to one of these Beauts for sure. I have been looking for something for over 6 months...

-Brett

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:02 Quote
RNeves wrote:

I was waiting for the 2018 Transition Patrol to be released, and now Devinci releases this beauty!

I just bought a 2017 transition patrol frame at a discounted price.. I know the 2018s would be released soon but of course the 2018 spartan was released a week after I purchased the 2017 patrol. I am not complaining though. Can't wait to ride it. Big Grin

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
fesnak wrote:
RNeves wrote:

I just bought a 2017 transition patrol frame at a discounted price.. I know the 2018s would be released soon but of course the 2018 spartan was released a week after I purchased the 2017 patrol. I am not complaining though. Can't wait to ride it. Big Grin

Already tried one! Great bike!

The only reason that made me wait for the 2018 bikes is the fact that it doesn't have boost.

Have fun with it.

But back to topic, this 2018 spartan looks really promising!

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
I just bought my spartan last year but maybe we can help each other win a new one?

https://wn.nr/jqcQw3

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 22:55 Quote
I bought A 2017 troy last year...gonna try and find a demo around Seattle to get A few laps In.

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
I am thinking of buying the new Spartan with Eagle build. Hard to decide wether to order the Devinci or the Santa Cruz Nomad 4. Both bikes seem to be very good. Have made good experiences with SC but have never ridden a Devinci as they are scrace here.
The Devinci in it`s 2018 version is hot and geometrie seems nice.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
I ended up ordering a 2018 Spartan with the carbon gx build about 2 weeks ago. I will be sure to post up once I receive it!

-Brett

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
I got a 2018 GX Carbon and so far it is great - First experience with Devinci and was a bit worried about the size, pedaling performance...etc, but so far so good. Pedals uphill great, Eagle is solid, thing is so planted on the downhill and extremely stable in the air. Again, no prior experience with a Spartan - coming from 2014 26" Specialzed Enduro size medium to the 27.5" size large Spartan so lots of new things to get used to...wheel size, reach, frame size, suspension design...etc. Can't wait to really get a handle on it and see what she can do on some of our more gravity style trails in Northern VT.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 22:17 Quote
godzilla78 wrote:
I got a 2018 GX Carbon and so far it is great - First experience with Devinci and was a bit worried about the size, pedaling performance...etc, but so far so good. Pedals uphill great, Eagle is solid, thing is so planted on the downhill and extremely stable in the air. Again, no prior experience with a Spartan - coming from 2014 26" Specialzed Enduro size medium to the 27.5" size large Spartan so lots of new things to get used to...wheel size, reach, frame size, suspension design...etc. Can't wait to really get a handle on it and see what she can do on some of our more gravity style trails in Northern VT.
Thanks for sharing! I’d love to hear from more 2018 Spartan owners!

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 4:51 Quote
No problem, happy to answer any questions. As I said before, no prior Spartan experience so can't offer up any advice on the difference between years. I did spend a lot of time researching different bikes in this category. I looked very closely at the Nomad, Patrol, Mach 6, Tracer and Slayer - all 2017-18 models. All in all these bikes are very similar. I know by saying that I am inviting a ton of tech geeks to jump all over me, but seriously the real difference is how the bike feels to the rider in the cockpit...numbers and stats be damned. I will tell you that you can not ignore how planted this bike feels - if you are looking for something that will pop off every little side bump, maybe consider the Patrol - just a much more playful bike. The Spartan has no trouble getting airborne and feels like a fighter jet once off the ground, you just have to give it a bit of effort. For reference, I am a 40 year old father of 2 with dad bod, but ride 2/3 times per week, very agressive Vermont trail riding with some lift serve sprinkled in. The bike sees some hard days and shows no signs of wear at all!

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
I have about 6-8 rides on my 2018 Spartan now. I have been impressed with it so far. Its maiden voyage was at Pisgah! I am planning on going to Windrock Sunday to really test its downhill abilities next. The cockpit feels roomy for me 5'9" with the medium frame. I am coming off of a 2014 Devinci Troy in medium. They have since made the top tube longer as that bike was pretty small in comparison.

It does have a planted feel to it on the rough terrain and feels like it wants to be pushed hard. I felt pretty comfortable riding it on its very first ride. It actually climbs pretty good and the nose stays planted nearly as good as my troy (with 160mm fork) on the steeper climbs. I did change a couple of things right off the bat. I have I9 Enduro-s wheels, Raceface SIXC handlebars, Rev Suspension grips, DHF EXO up front instead of the DD, Hope E4 brakes, and a PNW Bachelor 150mm dropper.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I plan on giving a bit of a write up after more riding.

2018 Devinci Spartan

-Brett

Posted: Jan 1, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
godzilla78 wrote:

What is you height and decided to go two sizes up? (Just asking out of curiosity) . Since a medium specialized is considered a small with today’s standards... Its the same with my 2016 medium Spartan... with the new line up it is considered to be a small frame....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024818
Mobile Version of Website