2018 Spartans

PB Forum :: Devinci
2018 Spartans
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
nickrxt wrote:
godzilla78 wrote:
I got a 2018 GX Carbon and so far it is great - First experience with Devinci and was a bit worried about the size, pedaling performance...etc, but so far so good. Pedals uphill great, Eagle is solid, thing is so planted on the downhill and extremely stable in the air. Again, no prior experience with a Spartan - coming from 2014 26" Specialzed Enduro size medium to the 27.5" size large Spartan so lots of new things to get used to...wheel size, reach, frame size, suspension design...etc. Can't wait to really get a handle on it and see what she can do on some of our more gravity style trails in Northern VT.

What is you height and decided to go two sizes up? (Just asking out of curiosity) . Since a medium specialized is considered a small with today’s standards... Its the same with my 2016 medium Spartan... with the new line up it is considered to be a small frame....

I am 5' 11" - There really wasn't too much of a decision process - my medium, which was a crash replacement from Specialized through my local bike shop years ago felt a bit cramped in the cockpit sometimes - other times it felt just right - almost all of the sizing charts, local bike shops (nearly 6 different shops)...etc suggested I should be on a large frame because of my height. Also, the Spartan I bought was here on Pinkbike and such an insane deal that I couldn't really say no to it - It was a size large, it was the right price. That is it really.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 4:59 Quote
Question:

Anyone else having a knocking sound coming out of the frame when riding downwards?
Tried the black cable-insulation and checked all the bolts for tension but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help of any kind!

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
Yickod wrote:
Question:

Anyone else having a knocking sound coming out of the frame when riding downwards?
Tried the black cable-insulation and checked all the bolts for tension but to no avail.

I did when I installed a different dropper. I re-run the cable through the the foam insulator inside the frame and it has been quiet since.

-Brett

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 6:43 Quote
carraig042 wrote:
Yickod wrote:
Question:

I did when I installed a different dropper. I re-run the cable through the the foam insulator inside the frame and it has been quiet since.

-Brett

Thanks for sharing that Brett!
I’ll check tomorrow!

Manu

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
Loving my custom build, just got my push for it, she's finally done and rides like no other bike (in a good way) I've ever ridden.

2018 Devinci Spartan Custom Build

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 19:02 Quote
How's the ride on coil compared to the air? Just picked up a 29, and I'm not loving the RS. I have a '18 Troy with a DB Coil IL and love the ride on that. Thinking that a longer travel bike might lose some of that poppyness with coil.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 23:05 Quote
bgoodis wrote:
Loving my custom build, just got my push for it, she's finally done and rides like no other bike (in a good way) I've ever ridden.

2018 Devinci Spartan Custom Build

How it rides with coil man?

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
Yeah, I'm planning a coil in the Spring. Maybe a DHX2, but it looks like a new DHX might be dropping...
Really curious how it plays with the coil?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
probably a dead thread but ive been having an issue with mine from day one where over any bumps the shock will make a clunking noise , its been rebuilt by three different people with no success and I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or its just a thing the bike does because it makes it quite loud riding down. any help would be appreciated

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
I have not had any issues with the rear shock or clunking noise on mine. Is everything tightened to spec and no play in the bushings?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
My RS shock had a rattle in it, from the bump-stop cap. You can check if that's it by taking off the shock and shaking it in your hand.
Otherwise, typical cable routing issues might be the problem. Do you have foam around the cables inside the frame? Are the cables tight, not loose, inside the frame.
Next time you ride, see if you can hear where the noise is coming from. Put the bike on the stand and tap around the area, see if you can pinpoint the noise.
All pivots torqued to spec? Cranks, cassette, derailleur, seat, dropper, headset are the typical culprits for noise as well. Check them out.
I'm suggesting these because noice tends to migrate in a bike. Sometimes you swear it's the shock, ends up being the seat...

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
yeah i ended up replacing the shock and checking and replacing pretty much everything in the area or that could even cause a noise and it will not go away lol although a new shock did help a little

Abacall wrote:
My RS shock had a rattle in it, from the bump-stop cap. You can check if that's it by taking off the shock and shaking it in your hand.
Otherwise, typical cable routing issues might be the problem. Do you have foam around the cables inside the frame? Are the cables tight, not loose, inside the frame.
Next time you ride, see if you can hear where the noise is coming from. Put the bike on the stand and tap around the area, see if you can pinpoint the noise.
All pivots torqued to spec? Cranks, cassette, derailleur, seat, dropper, headset are the typical culprits for noise as well. Check them out.
I'm suggesting these because noice tends to migrate in a bike. Sometimes you swear it's the shock, ends up being the seat...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015865
Mobile Version of Website