Removing freehub problems

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Removing freehub problems
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 18:37 Quote
So I have been thinking about removing and cleaning the freehub on my DJ after it slipped once or twice at a race last week, and I watched a ton of videos and forums to get a feel for what I was doing, but I can't get the darn thing off! In all the videos and all the forums, I never saw one that looked like mine (see pictures). It looks like it would just slide right off the hub, but it won't budge no matter how much force I put on it. I can't see a way to remove the axle so I don't know what else to do. I am probably just missing something super plain and simple, but I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks, JT.

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
What hub is it? Maybe you can tap the non drive side bearing out then see if there is a 10-12mm hex inside to undo.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 18:01 Quote
arphia wrote:
What hub is it? Maybe you can tap the non drive side bearing out then see if there is a 10-12mm hex inside to undo.

As far as what hub it is I have absolutly no clue, I got the bike second hand from a guy off here not too long ago, and the online desc. of the parts says "Freehub Cassette Type". So im not sure about that. And as far as tapping out the non-drive side bearing I dont even know how I would do that with the axel still in the hub. However I do know that the rim/wheel is a JALCO X350 disc specific, 32 hole w/ eyelets.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012778
Mobile Version of Website