49T or 50T GC on rear sprocket for Kona process 2

PB Forum :: Kona
49T or 50T GC on rear sprocket for Kona process 2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
Hi,

If anyone has a 2014-15 model Process 153 and are using 1x11 setup with 49T-50T sprockets, are you running into any issues with overshifts after a brief backpedal while using the 49T GC? I wonder if the stubby chainstays affect the chainline too much. Rather than seek out a 50T Sunrace as I wrote below, I think going to an XT/SLX 11-46 might be better.

Here's a post I made recently in that forum:

"I have an XT & SLX 11-42 sprocket paired with the Wolftooth 49GC with Wolfcage-XT R.D. combo on my Kona Process 153 (non-boost).

The only issues I are:

Backpedaling in both 49 & 42 will cause my chain to shift up, and when pedaling forward it can drop off inboard towards the spokes.

A hub with a smaller flange such as Novatec D772SSB hub caused the pulley cage to slightly hit the spokes on my 30mm internal carbon rim. When I swtiched to a Spank Oozy 295 with a Hope Pro 2 Evo with a taller flange, it stopped. When I had my LBS re-lace my carbon rim with a Hope Pro 4 Evo hub with an even taller hub flange, it ever so slightly rubbed the spoke but then stopped after a few rides.

My LBS used a hanger tool to make sure my hanger wasn't bent, but I may switch it anyway to confirm this was the issue.

Due to the cost, I may also try the Sunrace 11-50 when one of my two 49T cassete combos wear out.

I did replace the hanger which helped a little, but the backpedal-into-chain falling inboard after pedaling forward issue keeps rearing it's ugly head. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007134
Mobile Version of Website