Manitou Circus Sport

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou Circus Sport
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
Hey guys,

I've been looking at a few used dirt jumps bike and I've notice quite a few are equipped with Circus Sport forks. I know that Circus Experts are considered to be one of the best out there but I haven't found much about the sport model. Could anyone that has tried them compare them to other DJ forks?

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
The sport is more of a cheap stock fork, might have a compression adjustment, entry level..
The Expert is on sale at CRC currently, not sure how long that'll last

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 5:31 Quote
I just got the 2020 Haro Steel Reserve 1.2 which have the Manitou circus sport fork. It's a basic coil fork with no adjustment on it.
However, the fork can be upgraded easily and inexpensive as I just had mine upgraded.
You only need the "Absolute Damper" installed, which is the lockout adjustment. I just had the damper installed(couple days ago) on mine and it works great now with full lockout!!

The circus fork is compatible with the circus comp fork so just need the damper.
Call Manitou and ask for Cody and tell him you need the circus comp absolute damper(part#12).
He will take care of you.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
Rwood4 wrote:
I just got the 2020 Haro Steel Reserve 1.2 which have the Manitou circus sport fork. It's a basic coil fork with no adjustment on it.
However, the fork can be upgraded easily and inexpensive as I just had mine upgraded.
You only need the "Absolute Damper" installed, which is the lockout adjustment. I just had the damper installed(couple days ago) on mine and it works great now with full lockout!!

The circus fork is compatible with the circus comp fork so just need the damper.
Call Manitou and ask for Cody and tell him you need the circus comp absolute damper(part#12).

Please tell me more about this.
is the product HB-141-26532-K006 right one?

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
Gylffis wrote:
Rwood4 wrote:

Please tell me more about this.
is the product HB-141-26532-K006 right one?

Yes! That is the correct part number. I am in the process of getting this part as we speak. Called Manitou, they have 21 in stock. I couldn't find any online to order myself. They said to call my local bike shop and to have them order it. I just did that today and haven't heard back on a price yet.

Goodluck!

I'll also let you know if it works forsure when the part arrives.

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Did this end up working out?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Yes please, let us know how it worked out

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
I apologize for the delayed response.

This ended up working perfect!

Part # HB-141-26532-K006

Call your local bike shop and have them order that part. Cost me around $40 and I had it in about a week.

Install was super easy and the lockout function works perfectly! Beats paying $800 for a new fork... lol

Good luck!

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
Hi guys,
some months ago I bought the canyon stitched 360 and it got the Manitou Circus Sport fork.
I wasnt very satisfied so I even thought about buying another air fork.
But before that I searched my fork on the internet and didnt find any info, but only in this forum.
I blindly bought the upgrade-part listed here and.. im super happy now!
For this price its unbelievable well.
Installing was a bit tricky.. You have to disengage the top screw on the right arm. Mine didnt go off completly so I disassembled the whole fork. In real wasnt that hard and took some time.
After the screw was lose it was easy to install the new damper.
I needed to refill the oil, but luckily its just standard auto oil (5w-30 or 5w-40).
I love this company Big Grin

Btw. I just registered in this forum to help others with the same problem.

Bye!

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
You guys have NO idea how awesome this post was!
I was feeling REALLY stupid buying a new fork with no adjustment... until I found this thread online.
Yeow! Thanks everyone for the info!

BTW, do I need two kits? One for each side?

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 23:26 Quote
exe36M3 wrote:
You guys have NO idea how awesome this post was!
I was feeling REALLY stupid buying a new fork with no adjustment... until I found this thread online.
Yeow! Thanks everyone for the info!

BTW, do I need two kits? One for each side?

Just the one, you're just replacing the damper

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
Hi!

What does this update bring you?

Just a complete lockout?

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
So does this replace the piece on the right side under the top cap? I have a 2014 off of a P2.6. When I pulled the top cap off I found the part in pieces. I just bought the bike and was going through it.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
What does this piece end up costing at a LBS?

Nik

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 0:51 Quote
Mberger02 wrote:
I apologize for the delayed response.

This ended up working perfect!

Part # HB-141-26532-K006

Call your local bike shop and have them order that part. Cost me around $40 and I had it in about a week.

Install was super easy and the lockout function works perfectly! Beats paying $800 for a new fork... lol

Good luck!

Hey does the absolute+ damper have a rebound adjustment as well? The circus comp seems to have a rebound adjustment wheel on the bottom, the sport not. It just has a bolt. Did you also get part 141-27177-K007 and add a rebound adjuster?

Thanks!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031003
Mobile Version of Website