PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou Circus Sport
Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
nan0 wrote:
Mberger02 wrote:
I apologize for the delayed response.

This ended up working perfect!

Part # HB-141-26532-K006

Call your local bike shop and have them order that part. Cost me around $40 and I had it in about a week.

Install was super easy and the lockout function works perfectly! Beats paying $800 for a new fork... lol

Good luck!

Hey does the absolute+ damper have a rebound adjustment as well? The circus comp seems to have a rebound adjustment wheel on the bottom, the sport not. It just has a bolt. Did you also get part 141-27177-K007 and add a rebound adjuster?

Thanks!

Sorry that was a stupid question. Just realised from the exploded drawing that the rebound damper is underneath the compression damper. And to make the rebound adjustable I guess I would need to change that one out as well. But I can find the part here. Will do the compression damper fist and see

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 2:16 Quote
nan0 wrote:
Mberger02 wrote:

Part # HB-141-26532-K006

Call your local bike shop and have them order that part. Cost me around $40 and I had it in about a week.

Install was super easy and the lockout function works perfectly! Beats paying $800 for a new fork... lol

Good luck!

Hey does the absolute+ damper have a rebound adjustment as well? The circus comp seems to have a rebound adjustment wheel on the bottom, the sport not. It just has a bolt. Did you also get part 141-27177-K007 and add a rebound adjuster?

Thanks!

What does the upgrade add? Only a lockout option?

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
peterstruyk wrote:
nan0 wrote:
Mberger02 wrote:

Part # HB-141-26532-K006

Good luck!

Thanks!

What does the upgrade add? Only a lockout option?

So finished the upgrade. The damper is much better than the one it comes with, the one it comes with is basically a cheap piece of plastic.

But yes it basically adds a lock out. But the damper has 8 settings from total lockout to fully open.
I added a soft spring (the firm one it came with was way to stiff for my weight). With the compression damper adjustment you can make it firmer or lock it out for pump track.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
+1 for this kit. I just upgraded my Circus Sport forks, was super easy. Some notes which may help others.

You only need to undo the right fork, the left just has the spring..so only one kit needed.

Part number for the Sport fork is per the Comp:
HB-141-26532-K006. Got mine from Shockcraft NZ which was all good. Go kiwi

The little blue bolt at bottom of fork allows you to empty oil out from the bottom. Don't undo it too far (like me) or you will need to push down again using long clean dowel, and of course top off oil again.

Cant find a manual online, I went with 85mm oil height. Used maxima 5w fluid. Seems good so far.

As the detent bearings are ridiculously small highly recommend putting down a tarp or tray first, then adding a little grease and using tweezers to install. The plastic cap is pretty light so treat gently.

The kit only gives you compression damping, up to full lockout. On test ride seems good!

This article is quite a good reference point https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-gear/manitou-absolute-mtb-fork-upgrade/

Happy upgrading

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
Has anyone been able to find this part recently?

I've been searching the part number for a few days and every result I get is for the circus expert internals, not the comp. Not finding the comp version anywhere, and from my understanding, the Sport can only be upgraded with Comp ABS+ internals.

I picked up a 2019 Specialized p3 with the sport fork. I'm a big dude so I want to upgrade the damper and likely the spring.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
I order that part from here -> https://www.bikehit.de/en/zubehoer/51317-manitou-absolute-plus-einheit.html

I did not find installation video so I make one if it would even help someone.

The video is in Finnish but you get the point and yes I did that for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yxHtqeJEo

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 4:38 Quote
BE AWARE

Part HB-141-26532-K006 is only sutiable for "R7" forks with 30mm legs.

My new Manitou circus sport fork (From Cube Flying Circus 2021) has 32mm legs. They are not compatible.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
How do I identify if the fork I have has 32mm legs or 30mm legs? ...manitou wont answer or return email...

I need to do this mod asap...any help is much appreciated

It is the fork that comes on the dj ripper 26...

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
you have a 32mm circus sport which has steel stanchions

you can upgrade to the compression damper from the circus comp which also has steel stanchions

you can NOT upgrade to the compression damper from the circus expert which has aluminum stanchions

i think the previous poster is confusing compatibility between materials and 32/30 sizes

you want the k006 damper linked in this thread, it is the correct one for you

fyi its a super easy swap but you will need some suspension fluid (maxima 5wt fork oil) to put back in the damper and some splash oil (5/40w synthetic or i like fox gold) for the lowers

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 5:01 Quote
Manitou sent me an email on it today

“The leg size for the Circus Sport is 32mm. Here is the part number for the 32mm ABS+ damper for the Circus Comp that you can use, 141-26532-k006. We do not have them for sale on our consumer site but they are on our dealer site. Any bike shop in the USA can order one of these up for you.”

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
forty0 wrote:
you have a 32mm circus sport which has steel stanchions

you can upgrade to the compression damper from the circus comp which also has steel stanchions

you can NOT upgrade to the compression damper from the circus expert which has aluminum stanchions

i think the previous poster is confusing compatibility between materials and 32/30 sizes

you want the k006 damper linked in this thread, it is the correct one for you

fyi its a super easy swap but you will need some suspension fluid (maxima 5wt fork oil) to put back in the damper and some splash oil (5/40w synthetic or i like fox gold) for the lowers

Copy. Thanks man

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
headsup. i ordered this dampener today from my local bike shop...hutches in eugene,or; and they charged me 70$ plus shipping for this part. not sure if I got burned or if it retails for more now but thought I would let ya'll know. i told him it should be about 40$ and he said retail on it is 70

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 21:22 Quote
RallySoob wrote:
headsup. i ordered this dampener today from my local bike shop...hutches in eugene,or; and they charged me 70$ plus shipping for this part. not sure if I got burned or if it retails for more now but thought I would let ya'll know. i told him it should be about 40$ and he said retail on it is 70

that seems like a lot, given the cost of the circus sport is only $399.

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
RallySoob wrote:

RRP for that damper is £65~ here in the UK. Alot of products have gone up in price over the last couple of years.

If it transforms your fork and stops you needing to upgrade it then $70 is a great deal.

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
ya man, no complaints here. 70$ to make it adjustable with lock out is much more appealing then getting the pike or dj bomber right now for 800'ish. not that this fork is comparable but I also don't ride hard enough to need that grade of shock. Im guessing this sport fork is lighter than the nice forks too

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014097
Mobile Version of Website