Whistler questions/tips

PB Forum :: Downhill
Whistler questions/tips
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 7:21 Quote
Hey guys,

I'll be in Whistler from August 23-25, and ill be riding the full 3 days there. Now the problem is, I want to get some lessons in order to progress my riding skills but I don't know if I should get some sort of group lessons or opt for private lessons (much more expensive though).

I think I'm a strong intermediate to maybe an advanced rider as I can do about medium sized gaps and tables and I've participated in a DH race before. From what I've seen online I think crank it up is a warm-up and I would love to see if I could do Dirt Merchant with the lessons I get.

Should I get group lessons, or will they be too easy for me (I'm worried i'll be grouped with people that are much less experienced and I want something that will push my abilities)?
I'm also 16 years old, turning 17 very soon, so I could still enroll in one of these Teen Group classes but the same question persists.

Is there any other advice/tips I should know?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 10:11 Quote
Group lesson is a bit of a gamble, but you can go inquire with the bike school and stress that you are advanced (if you've raced DH, you are beyond an intermediate) and tell them your goal is A-Line/Dirt Merchant. Alternatively, you can get private coaching from Zep and be guaranteed a quality coach but it ain't cheap. Maybe do a half day/3 hour with Zep after you've spent a day riding the park to warm up?

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
I attended a Zep course for 7 days and it was amazing and well worth the money.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047389
Mobile Version of Website