2018 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2018 Stumpjumper
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 2:07 Quote
Any new owners out there yet? Or thoughts on the new model?
Now on sale in the UK

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
I test rode the 2018 650b comp Al this weekend (in the shop's parking lot). The comp comes with the fox rythme fork and 2.5 tires, but the rest of the build kit seems to be the same as the previous year. I think the 6fattie has a reba and the rims are 38. It would seem that there is plenty of room on the 650b for 2.6 tires. I actually wanted to ride the 6fattie, but there weren't any in stock. The 2017 comps have a revalation fork, which concerns me with regard to stiffness. Also, the retail price is $200 cheaper than last year.

I also rode the trek fuel ex729 (revelation) and ex8plus (rhythm) (both 2017). I must say that the revelation fork and 29 combo was very flexy, noticeable just by holding down the brake and rocking back and forth. The ex8plus did not flex, but they didn't have my size for a proper comparison.

Overall I liked the 650b. The suspension was set at 25% sag so it didn't feel plush. I am in the US Northeast and the trails here are rocky, rooty, with short but steep technical climbs and descents. I think I am going to give the enduro a test as well, but not quite sure which tire size to choose.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047828
Mobile Version of Website