Do older "vintage" Mountain bikes sell? 1997 Homegrown Factory Suspension XTR.

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Do older "vintage" Mountain bikes sell? 1997 Homegrown Factory Suspension XTR.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:22 Quote
Hi,

I had posted this on Reddit and a user directed me here hopefully for some help.

My friend had bought this bike awhile ago. The local shop she takes it too told her it was worth quite a bit of money still and there is a market for it. She does not ride it much and would like to get a all around bike.
Is there a market for older bikes like this, i assumed tossing it on craigslist might not find the right buyer. I thought i would ask here or talk to the shop she goes to about selling in on consignment.

http://bonustomato.com/models/1997-homegrown-factory-suspension-xtr-sweet-spot

Thanks

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:30 Quote
There is a market for vintage stuff, just few and far between anymore. It's going to depend greatly on condition. In any event, I wouldn't expect some huge payout.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
OverlyCasual wrote:
There is a market for vintage stuff, just few and far between anymore. It's going to depend greatly on condition. In any event, I wouldn't expect some huge payout.

Ya kind of what i thought, the way he talked to her it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe he is just a big fan on the brand.

It's in great shape, but i have a feeling he got her hopes up on value beyond what it is.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Ashenor wrote:
OverlyCasual wrote:

Ya kind of what i thought, the way he talked to her it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe he is just a big fan on the brand.

It's in great shape, but i have a feeling he got her hopes up on value beyond what it is.

Yeah old bikes can be cool, but the ones that fetch more money are ones with the more offshoot technology for their time. Think pull shocks and stuff like that.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
Ashenor wrote:
Hi,

I had posted this on Reddit and a user directed me here hopefully for some help.

My friend had bought this bike awhile ago. The local shop she takes it too told her it was worth quite a bit of money still and there is a market for it. She does not ride it much and would like to get a all around bike.
Is there a market for older bikes like this, i assumed tossing it on craigslist might not find the right buyer. I thought i would ask here or talk to the shop she goes to about selling in on consignment.

http://bonustomato.com/models/1997-homegrown-factory-suspension-xtr-sweet-spot

Thanks

Sorry, I'm a little late to this party, but I don't come here that often. There is a Facebook page dedicated to Homegrowns. Lots of knowledge there and lots of guys who might be willing to take that bike off your hands. I have two, but could always consider another.

Chuck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008822
Mobile Version of Website