Anyone have any success stories working with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for trails?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Anyone have any success stories working with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for trails?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
My local riding area is BLM Land. Technically, before doing any maintenance on existing trails, I (or my club) needs to go to the local field office, and agree to the type of work to be done etc etc etc. We have a decent sized unofficial trail network (with probably one recognized trail by BLM) and I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to discuss and engage our local club to do some maintenance, with BLM concurrence.

Just looking for some motivation to go about doing that, I'm a dad of two YOUNG kids, so time is not something I have excess of.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 11:54 Quote
I had no involvement but ride the area frequently. The lunch loops in grand junction are blm land and have proper freeride trails. the trail groups out there may be worth talking to. Or just call the local blm office.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 22:55 Quote
My local IMBA club has a pretty good success story building Alsea Falls in Oregon on BLM land. Here is a link: http://teamdirt.org/trailareas/alseafalls.html . There is one guy that is a super active member in the club, that just so happens to work for the BLM during the summer. He has pretty much spear headed the project and it seems that the BLM will make this area a designated MtB area in the future. I think the key is having a active community that you can show the BLM that will take care of the land and keep it active. Having population center near by probably will help too and a active Mtb club. The BLM is looking for good land stewards, if you can prove that, then you will probably have success.

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
alwaysOTB wrote:
My local IMBA club has a pretty good success story building Alsea Falls in Oregon on BLM land. Here is a link: http://teamdirt.org/trailareas/alseafalls.html . There is one guy that is a super active member in the club, that just so happens to work for the BLM during the summer. He has pretty much spear headed the project and it seems that the BLM will make this area a designated MtB area in the future. I think the key is having a active community that you can show the BLM that will take care of the land and keep it active. Having population center near by probably will help too and a active Mtb club. The BLM is looking for good land stewards, if you can prove that, then you will probably have success.

Thanks for the link. appreciate it @alwaysOTB

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.059651
Mobile Version of Website