Process 153 with the Cane Creek Double Barrel CS

PB Forum :: Kona
Process 153 with the Cane Creek Double Barrel CS
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
I was wondering who all is running the CCDB on there process 153? I put one on mine and I am having a hard time getting it tuned exactly right. What kind of tunes are yall running? and do you prefer the CCDB over the Monarch RC3 that the bike was designed around?

I feel like I am always messing with it trying to get it tuned correctly. I feel like the shock is way more complicated then it should be. I just want to ride my bike and not be tuning on it all the time lol any advice would be appreciated

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
I have a 2017 process 134 with the ccdb cs. i weigh the same as my mech and he tunes it for his weight and riding style. its very similar to mine minus the extended miles he is used too. the dh tune is the same so the shock gets 95% of its travel used. do you have a mech about your weight riding one in your area? this was very helpful to me as i was also not able to tune it to get max use out of the shock. i love the shock and it serves me well now. good luck.

Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
The biggest issue I have with my dbair cs is how hard it is to access the clickers on this frame. I was going to make a little tool to make it easier but I have the thing pretty dialed now.

I can't tell you my exact tune for the reason stated above, and I don't feel like pulling my shock right now.

What I can tell you is I'm running less than 1 full volume spacer, something like 3 or 4 little ones. Just a hair under 30% sag and the air spring is dialed. I suggest setting sag around this mark and running as little volume spacers as you can get away with, then don't touch the air pressure, it adds too many variables and you'll never get a good tune if you keep messing with sag and volume.

I like very light rebound damping so I can boost all the little jibs and get big air on the jumps; so Im almost all the way out on the HSR and I run my LSR about 8 clicks from full open.

I use compression damping to keep the shock up in its stroke, and support me on big hits. I run the HSC a little bit past 3 turns in with about 14 Clicks of LSC from full open.

This is a GOOD shock and it is pretty well suited to this platform. Once you get an idea of how the different adjustments work I think you'll be glad that you have them.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
I had a non-cs DBair on my process. I ended up getting rid of it because I could never get it tuned right. I tried every amount of volume spacers, I used the CC dialed app, and I have a pretty good understanding of suspension and what each adjustment does, I just could never find a happy medium with the CCDB. Maybe I could have if I had the CS version, but I always felt like it always felt too stiff on compression, but also bobbed way more than I would like. Ended up putting the stock monarch back on it which felt way better.
Then I replaced that with a DVO topaz and have never looked back.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008793
Mobile Version of Website