Yeti SB5.5 or SB6...

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to get more into enduro riding and I'm in the research process right now. I come from an XC background, having ridden 29ers for the last 8 or so seasons, so Im inclined to lean towards the 5.5 which is a 29er. I live in Sun Valley and there's alot of climbing involved in most of my local trails, but I also want some that can handle steeps, technical sections, and medium sized jumps. Basically my question boils down to 27.5 or 29 for everyday trail riding/occasional enduro racing? Thanks

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
Bonking wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to get more into enduro riding and I'm in the research process right now. I come from an XC background, having ridden 29ers for the last 8 or so seasons, so Im inclined to lean towards the 5.5 which is a 29er. I live in Sun Valley and there's alot of climbing involved in most of my local trails, but I also want some that can handle steeps, technical sections, and medium sized jumps. Basically my question boils down to 27.5 or 29 for everyday trail riding/occasional enduro racing? Thanks

so if your doing any sustained climbs then the 5.5 would be better. it still rips and i have seen people with it at northstar that are ripping gypsy, livewire, boondocks, etc. The 6 is a little bit to much to climb with in my opinion.

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 19:14 Quote
Lol i don't know what he's talking about I've heard that the 6 is the one of the best climbing enduro bikes out there.

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 21:10 Quote
Local Idahoan here. You could go either way to be honest. I've demoed both and it really depends on your riding style. In my opinion the SB6 is more agile than the 5.5 but the 5.5 holds a straight line better. For all around work I think I prefer the 6, just because it's a little more flickable on jumps and things like that. With the shock completely open the 6 had quite a bit of pedal bob, but switching it into trail mode and it did just fine. Slight edge in climbing to the 5.5. For what it's worth I ended up buying a rocky mountain slayer. Yeti is just a little behind the times now a days with their geometry. If that's your thing I'm sure it will suit you well.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Bonking wrote:
Hey everyone,

Having ridden quite a bit in Sun Valley, I would highly suggest the 5.5. The terrain around SV just doesn't warrant a full enduro bike. I have a SC Bronson and it is overkill for Sun Valley's rowdiest trails at the resort and others like the Edge of the world trail in oregon gulch, so the SB6 would be even more overkill. As for the 5.5 or the 5 and 29 vs 27.5, I would say demo both and decide what wheel size you feel better on. I personally like the 5.5 and feel it climbs and descends better, though losing some ground in maneuverability.

To bridgemurray's point, yes the SB6 climbs well, no it doesn't climb as well as either the 5 or 5.5... Idk what your point is.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011704
Mobile Version of Website