manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
manitou circus expert & r7pro steerer problem
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
byrd-dog wrote:
you guys running the straight or tapered?
Mine are tapered. The second fork seems to have stopped moving now but makes too much noise to ride. It's irritating and distracting. You hear so many great things about this fork but I have not had a good experience with them.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
not the steerer related question but figured I would ask some manitou circus owners. I just ordered a 100mm tapered expert. It shows up and I am looking at it compared to my other forks and it seems long. I measure the exposed stanchion to be 130mm not 100mm. I am talking to worldwide cyclery (who I ordered it from) and they are telling me it will just stop short 30mm before bottoming out. he is saying I can lower it to 80mm travel (which should show exposed stanchion as 110mm. am I being bamboozled or is that really how the circus is?

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
Mine looks long, even after lowering...

But there are 100 and 130 versions

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 6:41 Quote
for the sake of the knowledge bank, the customer service guy was right. when I compared axle to crown next to a pike (a-c measure is like 5mm different between 100mm circus and 100mm pike), they were the same. The lowers on the circus were a bit shorter and stanchions a bit longer, so it bottoms out 30mm before the full stanchion is used. the circus felt good; made the geo tweaks my edit 1 needed

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
See my circus feels great to ride but ever since I’ve had them I keep checking my headset because it always feels very very slight loose and it’s not! Been wondering for ages what it might be so I’ll have to check this steerer tune myself! I don’t feel comfortable now knowing that it can pull through like that! I may switch back to argyles!

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
Does anyone else feel the very slight clunk when the forks rebound to maximum travel? It’s my biggest pet hate makes them feel cheap other than that though amazing fork!

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
what head locks are you guys using?

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:
Does anyone else feel the very slight clunk when the forks rebound to maximum travel? It’s my biggest pet hate makes them feel cheap other than that though amazing fork!

Yeah dude i get the same thing too. But I tried lowering the pressure for a bit get some plush response on the beginning and not overwhelm the damper with too high of a pressure. Since then I hear less of it or almost none at all. I dont really like a plush front end for jumping but i guess im just too heavy for the fork to be running such a high pressure. That whole talk about the steerer tube moving through the crown caught my attention though. Need to check mine ASAP!

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
Just got some fresh circus experts, sticking them on the bike this week - commenting to subscribe to this thread!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025642
Mobile Version of Website