Worlds

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
Does anyone know when Worlds is going to be? Looking for a date!

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 12:07 Quote
As in the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Cairns?

Worth the clarification- I know how keen you States guys are at having 'World' sporting events where you're the only nation taking part- so just in case you meant some local 'world' race Razz Wink

Downhill final is on the 10th September

Full schedule can be seen here

You'll need to convert times to your own zone

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 17:36 Quote
DrOzone wrote:

Worth the clarification- I know how keen you States guys are at having 'World' sporting events where you're the only nation taking part- so just in case you meant some local 'world' race Razz Wink

Thanks bro! That's exactly what I was looking for :-)

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
DrOzone wrote:

Do you know if it will be on REDBULL TV? I looked and cant find anything? Last thing they show own their schedule was World Cup / Italy!

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 22:19 Quote
GLORYADVANCED01 wrote:
DrOzone wrote:

Do you know if it will be on REDBULL TV? I looked and cant find anything? Last thing they show own their schedule was World Cup / Italy!

Doesn't look like it will be, SBC (one of the big aussie broadcasting outfits) and Fox are running coverage for it.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 22:31 Quote
GLORYADVANCED01 wrote:
DrOzone wrote:

Not on RedBull TV. Foxtel and SBC are broadcasters for the event so this will likely be syndicated to other subscriber based services, eg Sky.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
That's a bummer- I was fairly sure I watched it live with Redbull last year but can't remember and may well have been after the event.
Although having said that, I doubt I'd be staying up/ getting up early to see it live so I can't complain. Maybe it was just the cost/ logistics that they left it local.

Either way, I hope we have a great event with no mechanical's to spoil it like last year/ last week or career ending injuries like Manon's effectively turned out to be.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 15:25 Quote
DrOzone wrote:
Either way, I hope we have a great event with no mechanical's to spoil it like last year/ last week.

cairns is a pedalfest, he (or she) with the most horsepower and endurance in the legs will take the W
i'd put money on broken chains aplenty

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 16:28 Quote
el-booto wrote:
DrOzone wrote:
Either way, I hope we have a great event with no mechanical's to spoil it like last year/ last week.

cairns is a pedalfest, he (or she) with the most horsepower and endurance in the legs will take the W

Guiterrez should do well.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 17:44 Quote
DrOzone wrote:
That's a bummer- I was fairly sure I watched it live with Redbull last year but can't remember and may well have been after the event.
Although having said that, I doubt I'd be staying up/ getting up early to see it live so I can't complain. Maybe it was just the cost/ logistics that they left it local.

Either way, I hope we have a great event with no mechanical's to spoil it like last year/ last week or career ending injuries like Manon's effectively turned out to be.

UCI website should have coverage (video) after the event. They do have live timing.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
el-booto wrote:

The broken chain thing confuses me - I am increasingly thinking some mechanics don't leave the chains long enough and that's why it happens so often. Almost all the chain snaps happen landing big jumps, or through big compressions I.e. The chain growth in long travel bike at max suspension compression snaps them, not shear power of the rider. Road bike chains don't snap on every sprint finish and I bet the sprinters put out more watts than downhillers.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
Actually, the max output of several professional downhill racers is staggering. Jared Graves for example was somewhere north of 2000 watts in his prime. Nathan Rennie was an absolute animal in that regard as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011433
Mobile Version of Website