Fox float DPS rebound is gone

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox float DPS rebound is gone
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
My rear shock (2016, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj Evol LV) seems to have no more rebound, with the dial turned all the way + or -, the shock returns at full speed with an audible 'plock' when it is fully extended again.

I need the bike 1 2 weeks for a race, so no time to send it back to fox for repair.

Probably not an easy fix I can do myself? (I'm capable to fix everything else on the bike, but stayed away from the inside of the damper part of a shock)

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
That's generally going to be something that would require being sent back to repair. None of the lbs near me will even service a shock damper themselves.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 16:36 Quote
Don't bother pulling it apart your self. There are a few special tools you need and unless you have a nitrogen rig, your hooped. Bring it to a local shop who knows how to work on them, $200CDN usually for service and seals. Unless you have broken parts, you shouldnt have to send it to FOX.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
lance-h wrote:
Don't bother pulling it apart your self. There are a few special tools you need and unless you have a nitrogen rig, your hooped. Bring it to a local shop who knows how to work on them, $200CDN usually for service and seals. Unless you have broken parts, you shouldnt have to send it to FOX.

It's already fixed by the Fox dealer for the Benelux, seems that they are the only ones here who do full Fox shock service.

Turns out that it was air in the system...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008609
Mobile Version of Website