What downhill brakes to get

PB Forum :: Downhill
What downhill brakes to get
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 0:00 Quote
I have avid codes on my pivot phoenix and I seriously dislike them.
I have shimano slx on my trail bike and I like those any suggestions?

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 2:43 Quote
Shimano Zee.

I had codes before and replaced them with Zee, world of difference. Less fatigue in arms, more braking power, i only bleed them once before the season starts, while i had to do that quite often with avids. I heard or red that they aren't that reliable anymore, newer models, but i can't say if that's true or not, mine are 2 years old and work like a charm.

The only thing i miss is that lever braking point, reach, adjuster knob (you need hex nr 2 for that) but it's not a problem really if you check and adjust them if needed regulary before 1st run of the day in the bike park, takes few moments only.

I am more than satisfied with them and really couldn't ask for more if we're talking performance here, that lever thing i mentioned can be upgraded but i never felt the need to do so.

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 6:13 Quote
Shimano saints with ice tech rotors are treating me well. Fairly noisey on wet days but never slips or fade away.

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
Hope Tech 3 V4, dude. Reliable, robust, rebuildable, powerful and considerably more precise modulation than you get from Saint/zee.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 17:51 Quote
Painhawk wrote:
Hope Tech 3 V4, dude. Reliable, robust, rebuildable, powerful and considerably more precise modulation than you get from Saint/zee.
'

Yeah I was thinking about can you feather them?

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 19:17 Quote
Jbondy08 wrote:
Painhawk wrote:
'

Absolutely.

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
Painhawk wrote:
Jbondy08 wrote:
Painhawk wrote:
'

Absolutely.
Sorry, but what do you mean ? Making them lighter ? How ?

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 4:03 Quote
evildos wrote:
Painhawk wrote:
Jbondy08 wrote:
'

Absolutely.
Sorry, but what do you mean ? Making them lighter ? How ?

Think he's talking about modulation.

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
Have code r brakes on my downhill bike, and zee on my "spare" downhill bike.
Would prefer code r against zee any day! And yes i have tested both a lot, the Zee's got replaced by the code r's after a year or so.
But then said, the Shimano zee brakes are quite good. They just lack a bit of power in my opinion.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006425
Mobile Version of Website