Lever bearing replacement SRAM guide rsc

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Lever bearing replacement SRAM guide rsc
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 1:00 Quote
Hey, my SRAM guide rsc brake bearing grenaded. So I went ahead on buying a pair of replacement bearings... Ive never worked on brakes before, and I noticed the bearings don't seem to just "plop" in... Is there any assembly / bearing installation video? I couldn't find any.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
DallasJW wrote:
Hey, my SRAM guide rsc brake bearing grenaded. So I went ahead on buying a pair of replacement bearings... Ive never worked on brakes before, and I noticed the bearings don't seem to just "plop" in... Is there any assembly / bearing installation video? I couldn't find any.

Did any one ever help you with this??????

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
Since I searched this and also never found an answer..

They're pressed in. I popped the old one out with a bench vice and a 6mm socket. I'm sure an SAE equivalent would work, too.

This isn't my photo, but similar concept. I tried a c-clamp first but the ball-and-socket joint was too loose and the socket wouldn't stay on the bearing. Unlike the photo, make sure the socket is centered on the outer race and not going to press on the lever housing, too.

Bonus points if you can find something to fit in the gap where the lever goes so you don't bend the housing. I didn't but seemed to be alright.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
Haha yeah it's just a pressed bearing I figured it out. Thanks tho!

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 15:50 Quote
I used a 3/8" socket in between the bearings to press against, seemed to fit in there very snug. Still kind of a c*nt to get the bearing perfectly seated in there. For me to get it started, I put the lever back in place and threaded the lever screw through the bearing to kind of pull it in the place to get started.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010120
Mobile Version of Website