Where to ride in The UK in winter? All mountain terrain, coming from Canada

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Where to ride in The UK in winter? All mountain terrain, coming from Canada
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 17:23 Quote
Hey there PBUKers,

I may be coming to Windsor during the xmas season, and want to bring my tracer for a couple of rides on the rocks. Just wondering if it'd be with the effort, and where to ride.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 4:22 Quote
Bike park wales works well all though the winter if you want an uplift oriented gravity park.

There's plenty of places near windsor that hold up well in winter, swinley forest good fun if you fancy a xc trail with a few features.

Wind Hill is also a great place to ride that may hold up well over winter. Might get a bit muddy though!

FL
Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
omendelovitz wrote:
Hey there PBUKers,

I may be coming to Windsor during the xmas season, and want to bring my tracer for a couple of rides on the rocks. Just wondering if it'd be with the effort, and where to ride.

Thanks in advance.

From Windsor you're going to have to travel, the weather will be wet no doubt, Surrey hills is not too far and drains ok ish.
South downs has some good areas for trail riding, if you get over message me on here and I can introduce you to a friendly crowd for a ride around Midhurst, it's not rocky but it's ok and there's decent pubs.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
Without a guide you'd need to study strava explore to find trails and plan a ride with a Garmin at the Surrey Hills to make it worthwhile.

Personally I think hire a car cruise down the M4, Do a day at bike park Wales then a day at Cwmcarn, make a weekend of it, nice and easy with signposted trails

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 16:28 Quote
Thanks lads, will do, and take you up on the offer(s) if i make it out! Cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008289
Mobile Version of Website