Wich bike should i choose ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Wich bike should i choose ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
Hello everyone ! I am a new guy on MTB scene and i am now considering to buy a new all mountain/enduro bike. My budget is 2.2k Euros, so i can afford not so great of a bike. It is really critical for me to choose possibly the best overall setup. Rigth now i am looking at Commecal meta V4.2 Origin 2017 or Cube Stereo 160 HPA Race 27.5 2017. Out of all mtb online shops i could not find more complete setup for this price.
Maybe some of you guys can post, advise me buying some decent, well equiped mtb bike, wich may last and perform better and much longer at this price point.
P.S. I have heard cubes have bad reputation...

Thank you before the replies come in!

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 1:12 Quote
energons wrote:
Hello everyone ! I am a new guy on MTB scene and i am now considering to buy a new all mountain/enduro bike. My budget is 2.2k Euros, so i can afford not so great of a bike. It is really critical for me to choose possibly the best overall setup. Rigth now i am looking at Commecal meta V4.2 Origin 2017 or Cube Stereo 160 HPA Race 27.5 2017. Out of all mtb online shops i could not find more complete setup for this price.
Maybe some of you guys can post, advise me buying some decent, well equiped mtb bike, wich may last and perform better and much longer at this price point.
P.S. I have heard cubes have bad reputation...

Thank you before the replies come in!
Second hand doesn't have to mean second best. If you would consider a second hand bike, you can get a hell of a lot more bang for your buck.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
Yt Capra al is the best bike for that money hands down. Far better than the commencal and the cube

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Hi mate just bought the meta, and have ridden it on xc single track and downhill at forest of dean. It pedals very well, and the deluxe rt shock is very good with little pedal bob. On the decents its is stable and fast. I have upgraded the brakes to zee's and fitted a brand x dropped. As a all rounder I think its hard to beat, its a very sexy bike too.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
Buy nothing new...it's like with a car.
I got my wife a 1 year old Cube Stereo Action team carbon with full xtr with Fox Factory for 2700 Chf - ca. 2300 Euro.
There is such an oversupply of fantastic used bikes for excellent prices you'd have to be soft in the head to buy a new one.
Check out the Trail Devils used market (in Switerland) Traildevils used market

In Switerzland people have more money than reason and buy the latest and greatest because their old bike is dirty.... for example a Trek Remedy 9.8 on there which was ridden one year for 3000 Chf... and lots of Geniuses and Nomads of late...because the new one just came out.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019499
Mobile Version of Website