Make my bike more freeridey

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Make my bike more freeridey
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
Ive been wanting to make my bike more agile and flickable for a while but today proved it, ended up spending all day on the dirt jumps rather than the downhill, which is one of the best in the country. Im currently riding this
photo

] with different tyres and new roller etc since pic. Anyway got a bit of money in my pocket and just wondering what I could do to make it more at home on the jumps. Was thinking 66s?
Cheers

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
cover it in trendy stickers.

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
bikenation wrote:
cover it in trendy stickers.
or how about he doesnt and says he did,throw a single crown on it like a pike or something(not sure what rear travel it has so you decide)get light rims,deraileur, and anything that is heavy replace or take off

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
Its 7" at the back, I have 721s at the moment so they are as light as I want realy

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
Its 7" at the back, the rims are 721s so thats as light as I want realy
whoops delete this post

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
maximus44 wrote:
Its 7" at the back, I have 721s at the moment so they are as light as I want realy
oh well i didnt really get a good look,well get a good single crown,if oyu have a budget get a good used one

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
Cannondale, nice man,
but anyway, yea drop on a longer travel single crown fork. like a totem or lyrik. that would be the perfect mate.
maybe run the shock on the shorter setting and get a air shock.
lower the seatpost(duh)
bmx saddle.
smaller rear disc.
and i can't really see the stem from here but put a short one on, very short.

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
rockitonacannondale wrote:
Cannondale, nice man,
but anyway, yea drop on a longer travel single crown fork. like a totem or lyrik. that would be the perfect mate.
maybe run the shock on the shorter setting and get a air shock.
lower the seatpost(duh)
bmx saddle.
smaller rear disc.
and i can't really see the stem from here but put a short one on, very short.
and ditch the front brake,(not neccessary for dj'ing)

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
and if you decide to throw a totem on,DONT!go buy a hardtail.only if you want a totem.i suggest a domain

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
yea i would also say take the front brake off for dj...
i was actually thinking of saying it but.. he said more "freeridey", not dirt jump bike and by that i would understand that he might wana bomb down a dh track every now and then, tats why i never said that.
thats why i will say keep the front brake and just route it through the top gap.

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
what the hell... you told him to throw a long travel sc fork on it but if he wants a totem he should get a hardtail. what are you on? why do people that have never rode a totem bash them. Ive loved every totem coil i have ever rode. It is a great fork. Your just talking out of your ass now.

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
bikenation wrote:
what the hell... you told him to throw a long travel sc fork on it but if he wants a totem he should get a hardtail. what are you on? why do people that have never rode a totem bash them. Ive loved every totem coil i have ever rode. It is a great fork. Your just talking out of your ass now.
are you on crack?i love totems,never tried one but they look sick and ive only heard good abouyt them.its because they are stupidly priced thats why

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
right. So instead of buying a totem, he should spend possibly more money and get a complete bike.... great theory.

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
bikenation wrote:
right. So instead of buying a totem, he should spend possibly more money and get a complete bike.... great theory.
well would you buy a fork for around a grand or egt a complete bike for just over that?

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
dude. no. cuz u will get a POS bike for a grand.
or you can get a great fork that suits his bike perfectly, and will work perfectly, for the same price. or hell he can even get a cheaper version! there are like 5 different versions! get a cheap one! i have the cheapest argyle and i love it!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009209
Mobile Version of Website