Has anyone upgraded his/her Yari motion control to charger 2 damper using the new kit available from Rockshox?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Has anyone upgraded his/her Yari motion control to charger 2 damper using the new kit available from Rockshox?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Same. I was looking at the luftkappe and then noticed SRAM was offering this for decent price. I read only one comment elsewhere that felt underwhelmed by the conversion and the rest positive. Not a ton of info though.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
Jetmo wrote:
Same. I was looking at the luftkappe and then noticed SRAM was offering this for decent price. I read only one comment elsewhere that felt underwhelmed by the conversion and the rest positive. Not a ton of info though.

unfortunately luftkappe is not available at this side of the world (or at least servicing may be a headache)

for now this looks like the most viable option for me..

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
Performs noticeably better. Upgrade was simple and done in under an hour.

Also upgraded to the debonair air shaft. Also a noticeable difference.

Do it do it do it.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
anigh89 wrote:
Performs noticeably better. Upgrade was simple and done in under an hour.

Also upgraded to the debonair air shaft. Also a noticeable difference.

Do it do it do it.

thanks anigh..

when you mentioned debonair air shaft, are you referring to this? https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/pikerevelation-and-lyrikyari-charger-2-damper-upgrade-kits

so this replaces the air shaft at the left side of our fork, right?

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
Negative.

The link you provided is for the charger 2 damper. Which replaces the moco compression damper and stock rebound. This is a simple as removing the old assembly which is two pieces and screwing the new one piece in. This is gunna make the fork perform better in the rough with better bump compliance and less likely to pack down or caviatate. And give you a few more compression setting options.

The debonair air shaft is the new air shaft that reduces friction and increases the negative air chamber volume giving you smoother better feeling suspension (in a simple explanation) it’s similiar to the luftkappe. The air shaft assembly is no more complicate to install just a different process. The air shaft is only about 45 bucks USD.

Both could be done in one go under an hour.

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
Yes yes, helpful explanation. And ARazak, the debonair is what I was referring to as well.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
Yes, everyone blabs on about doing the upgrade but no one offers ANY insight into the improvements or whether its really worth the extra money!

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
This thread has asked many times but no one answers. Do the damper upgrades come pre bled?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014223
Mobile Version of Website