Pedal suggestions

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 15:31 Quote
Hey I am looking for some flat pedals to go with my 510 freerider pros for trail riding. Any suggestions?

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
Clipless or flats?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 16:42 Quote
Flat sorry forgot that

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
I really only ride clipless so I'll bow out then. But I'll keep an eye; because I would like some flats to keep as options.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
I've heard really good reviews of the Raceface Chester pedals. They're really affordable and quite durable with lots of grip.

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 17:32 Quote
+1 on the chesters, I run the gamut podiums for a wider platform and more pronounced pins but I'm really thinking about the deity T macs...
the chesters are great bang for your buck
Price range?

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 18:16 Quote
Blackspire Sub 420, its like needles on a metal plate. max grip

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
I ride Chromag Contacts for AM and DH

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 20:29 Quote
Spank spoon pedals are pretty nice but dmr vaults are very grippy with 510s.....almost too grippy.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
hope f20's for me all day long like being clipped in Smile but with the benifit of flats when paired with fivetens

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
Race face Atlas. AMAZING pedals!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
There is another post about flats, some good feedback in there.

I was looking for flats as well, the vast majority of people said the DMR Vaults are the pedal of choice but the RF Atlas, Hope F20's and the Diety TMAC were also mentioned as good pedals. I went with the TMAC as I got a great deal from a buddy at my LBS. They have almost perfect pin placement and one of the biggest platforms, so if you have big feet that may be your best bet. My 510's do not move on the pedal so if you like to change foot position the TMAC will annoy you.

You really cant go wrong with so many great options but my only advice is buy the best quality pedal you can afford. If you cheap out you will regret it.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 6:42 Quote
Currently running some Bontager Line Pros, price was kinda high and they are a bit thick but seem like a good pedal. My LBS has limited stock and I needed something to replace the clipless XTRs that came on the bike. I paired them with some DC high tops for now until I find a proper high top that fits my ankle brace.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 18:38 Quote
DMR Vaults FTW! Been on them for almost 3 years now and would not even consider another pedal. The grip and feel are amazing. I wear Adidas Shell Toes (Classics) to ride in instead of FiveTen shoes though. I do not like any of the FiveTen shoes at all.

Now, my daughter uses Deity BladeRunners and loves them. And she wears FiveTen shoes for both her flats and Time clip pedals (she has 2 different pair). I have tried to ride her bike on occasion and I do not like the feel of the BladeRunners. The are a completely flat pedal and to me they are just uncomfortable. My Vaults are concave and feel great even after long epic rides.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009578
Mobile Version of Website