DH Trails in Mid-Lands UK

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
DH Trails in Mid-Lands UK
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 14:57 Quote
Hello,
Recently I`ve moved somewhere arround Nottingham and I want to know some DH trails somewhere. Don`t have to be near, I can go by the car.
Any suggestions/post codes?
Thank you!

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 0:57 Quote
AndreiGhinea wrote:
Hello,
Recently I`ve moved somewhere arround Nottingham and I want to know some DH trails somewhere. Don`t have to be near, I can go by the car.
Any suggestions/post codes?
Thank you!

Some of your nearest good stuff would be up Sheffield Way (that I know of)... Grenoside and Wharncliff.

If you don't mind the travel then also check out places like Farmer Johns in Stockport, Aston Hill (down south) and of course you can always go to north Wales (revolution, stiniog etc) which is only a 3 hour drive or so.

I'm form Lincoln just down the A46 a bit and we have not a lot over our way, but I do know there are Nottinghamshire MTB groups on facebook you can hit up to speak to local riders.

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 8:51 Quote
Welcome to the neighbourhood!!
Slim pickings round here I'm afraid. As said above Sheffield is your best bet for full on dh. Mostly trail stuff locally though I heard some guy had done a few short dh trails in thieves wood somewhere though I've never been able to find them!
Sherwood pines has a few very short dh runs but nothing a hardtail can't do so probably not worth your time.
Used to be some pretty cool jumps and trails in bestwood but I've not been for years so you'd be best going on Facebook groups and see what other options there are.
Failing that Cannock is always a good blast and isn't far away by car.
Best of luck!

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
Strava is always a good starting point (or trailforks) - use segment explorer to search for trails - unofficial DH trails (often better than official ones) are usually hidden away in woodlands on the side of a hill - find segments with a good -ve gradient and you're in business.

Not my place to tell you where all my local stuff is hidden as I didn't build half of them, but have a look around NW Leicestershire and Derbyshire and there's plenty of stuff hidden away.

If its been put on strava then its open season (if you're riding someone else's trails - be prepared to lend a hand and mend any cased jumps).

Posted: 7 hours ago Quote
Ok guys, thanks a lot. I will do a research about all of these.
Open to new info`s Big Grin

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015123
Mobile Version of Website