Shimano Saint Brakes

PB Forum :: Downhill
Shimano Saint Brakes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:43 Quote
Hi All

A friends rear Shimano Saint brake lever after the last event is like it's glued to the bars, if you push it forward it springs straight back to the bars.

We thought we would try a bleed but you couldn't push the pistons back, the only way to get a bleed block in was to open the bleed nipple to release pressure, got that in and then tried pushing fluid from the calliper with a syringe and you can't get any fluid into the system at all, open span and bite point adjusters fully, also tried seeing if any fluid drained down from the top with gravity and nothing.

I'm thinking there is a problem in the brake master cylinder so it wont let any fluid move any ideas of a fix or what the problem is.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 19:08 Quote
Hey there I don't know if this would work but you could try disconnecting the hose from the master cylinder and blast compressed air though it to see if there is anything stuck I've done it before and it has worked. Just a suggestion. Other wise disconnect the hose men master cylinder and pump lever to see if fluid squirts out.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 0:04 Quote
Cheers Dude your just about spot on, we tried several things and as a last resort disconnected the hose and with an hex key manually pushed the piston back as it was stuck, then re bleed the system and all seems to be working again, not sure why the piston would stick.

Any how thanks for your advise and hopefully it will all hold up for this weekends last race of the British Downhill Series this weekend at Hopton

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
dhmonster17 wrote:
Hey there I don't know if this would work but you could try disconnecting the hose from the master cylinder and blast compressed air though it to see if there is anything stuck I've done it before and it has worked. Just a suggestion. Other wise disconnect the hose men master cylinder and pump lever to see if fluid squirts out.
I totally agree with you. I used to do this way and it worked well

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
Awesome glad to hear it worked. Good luck at the race.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:18 Quote
dhmonster17 wrote:
Awesome glad to hear it worked. Good luck at the race.

Cheers dude my friend is doing quite well should be a top 15-20 for the season, could of been in the top 10 but had to miss one race because of workConfused and I'm the learning spanner man for him.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 0:13 Quote
Is shimano doing away with the saint line? They are all discounted on their site... just wondering.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016886
Mobile Version of Website