Truvativ ruktion question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Truvativ ruktion question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 10:08 Quote
I've been respraying my norco ryde. I decided i needed a new howitzer bb the same as before. When i took it off there was 1 spacer non drive side and 2 on drive side now ive put it back together the non drive side doesn't seem to pull tight on the taper so if i loosen the bolt the arm just slides off. Is it possible this is because of paint build up on the face of the bikes bb tube? I could remove a spacer but im positive its the same as before. Any help is appreciated.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
Unless you used some crazy thick paint I would think that the paint isn't the culprit, although you're supposed to face the interface of the bb and frame if there's paint present.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
Thanks for the reply ive just cleaned the paint off and i just think the crank arms a bit worn out. Still does its job and its not pinching the bearings.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:
Thanks for the reply ive just cleaned the paint off and i just think the crank arms a bit worn out. Still does its job and its not pinching the bearings.

Is it a square taper or like an octalink interface?

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Tappered spline external bb

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
I definitely wouldn't ride it if the crank arm slides off after you pull the bolt out. It should be pressed onto the spindle to be safe

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
Its on with about 35nm of torque but if it starts coming loose ill replace it. Thanks for your help

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
Sure thing. Ride on!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009152
Mobile Version of Website