Float x2 makes squelching sound

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Float x2 makes squelching sound
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 21:14 Quote
I recently purchased a used float x2 and it makes a squelching sound when compressed. Is this ok?

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
It's possible it's normal but it's also possible that some oil inside the shock has gotten somewhere it's not supposed to be. I personally doubt it's going to hurt anything, but if I had just purchased that shock, i'd at least make a trip to the lbs to get some other opinions.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 6:06 Quote
It's not normal. I had a 2018 float x2 installed on my nomad cc last month and it started making a similar noise a couple days ago. It's now at fox for warranty repair.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 5:55 Quote
Is there a small gap (like no damping) for the first few mm of travel after it's been sitting for a while (like a night) ?

If so, probably the same problem as mine, where oil got past the seals and got into the air chamber. The gap was just lack of oil, and after pumping the shock a few times it would work, but with that squelching noise.

Sent it back for the 250psi thing problem, they messed up shipping, and ended up sending me a new one, that doesn't make any noise. But yes, it's a warranty issue, so I'd try to get back to the guy to get the invoice, and send it to Fox.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 13:41 Quote
Kinglamp wrote:
I recently purchased a used float x2 and it makes a squelching sound when compressed. Is this ok?

Mine was making that noise after a full re-build. 1st ride out, oil everywhere. Turns out I have a hairline 1mm - 2mm crack on the upper housing. Warrantied & repaired

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008938
Mobile Version of Website