2018 Process 134 se vs 153 se

PB Forum :: Kona
2018 Process 134 se vs 153 se
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 19:35 Quote
Looking to get back in to biking after a few years off. Just moved to Oregon, I hear there’s about every available trail out here.

Visited the local shops, really felt comfortable at the place with a bunch of stuff I don’t want to afford, and Kona. They have the new 18 Process SE models in stock, not sure which way to go between the 134 and 153.

Ascetically, the 153 is awesome. Not big on the orange with pieces of silver on the 134.

Any advise between the two? 134 has a RS fork, Deore components and race face cranks. The 153 is all nx build with a Suntour fork.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 16:43 Quote
Basically it comes down to this; 134 if you are trail riding with the odd dh, 153 if your more down hillish with sime trail riding.

The 134 gains in trail riding at the expence of fast and bangy fun dh. The 153 gains in dh at the expence of some trail riding like long climbing and tight cornering. Depends on your terrain. The components are secondary to the frame they are hanging on.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 9:21 Quote
I ride the process 165, and my friend rides the 134. We do the same stuff. He goes bigger on his "trail" bike.
It's all in the rider.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 18:06 Quote
Just got a 153. Climbs like nobody's business. Amazing on the way down. Go 153.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
woofer2609 wrote:

you got the g2?

the SE he's asking about still uses last years frame and linkage design. Not sure Id ever say that thing "climbs like nobody's business" haha

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
I went with the 134, Not a lot of lift trails out here, uphills are a necessary evil.

Really enjoying it so far, threw a fabric scoop saddle and chromag grips on, looking in to upgrading the fork this winter.

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 21:01 Quote
richsoffar wrote:
woofer2609 wrote:

you got the g2?

the SE he's asking about still uses last years frame and linkage design. Not sure Id ever say that thing "climbs like nobody's business" haha
Ha! I didn't say it was fast! True dat, the 153 is not a gazelle, but gets close to mountain goat climbing. Yes, i have the gen 1.0, but maybe it's because I've been riding an iron horse hardtail from 2003, but this thing is magic to me, anyway, and this is about my 15th mountain bike in 25 years.
Maybe I'm getting better with age..now that's laughable!

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
woofer2609 wrote:
richsoffar wrote:
woofer2609 wrote:

you got the g2?

Ha! I didn't say it was fast! True dat, the 153 is not a gazelle, but gets close to mountain goat climbing. Yes, i have the gen 1.0, but maybe it's because I've been riding an iron horse hardtail from 2003, but this thing is magic to me, anyway, and this is about my 15th mountain bike in 25 years.
Maybe I'm getting better with age..now that's laughable!

I'm with you. Had a titanium Barracuda 2000ish, Iron Horse Yakuza for a few years after that, then most recently a size small (I'm 5'10") Specialized Hardrock we rescued from a dumpster.

I'm sure anything modern would have suited me just fine. Really enjoying the dropper post, hydraulic brakes, air suspension and 1x10. I rarely get in to big gear, but it's there if I need it. Haven't had to push yet, that low gear is really low. A shock with lockout would help a lot, it bobs pretty bad trying to climb standing. Not nearly as bad if I can stay in the saddle.

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
hey im 5,3 and just ordered a small 134se I like to do drops and huge jumps most of the time im riding single track alot of climbing and on the way down there more roots than dirt will it handle what i ride?

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
hey im 5,3 and just ordered a small 134se I like to do drops and huge jumps most of the time im riding single track alot of climbing and on the way down there more roots than dirt will it handle what i ride? What do you think of the single ring up front does it hold the chain does the chain ever fall off

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011506
Mobile Version of Website