Too heavy for monarch plus Debonair rc3 help!!!!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Too heavy for monarch plus Debonair rc3 help!!!!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
Hi guys I have just bought a 2016 sommet crx and it came with the monarch plus Debonair rc3.
Im struggling to get the sag right and I feel like I'm using too much travel, I'm 6"8 and 260lbs so I have to run 310psi to reach just over 35% sag does anybody have any ideas on what can be done? Or what shock I should be looking for on the market?

Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 12:07 Quote
It sounds like a coil sprung shock would best suit your needs, one with a heavier spring rate. I'm not too knowledgeable about what is out there at the moment so I wont recommend anything, but you are definitely on the heavier end for air sprung shocks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 12:38 Quote
Haha thank you I thought I might be ???? just as I thought I was through spending money haha

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
Jacknutter23 wrote:
Hi guys I have just bought a 2016 sommet crx and it came with the monarch plus Debonair rc3.
Im struggling to get the sag right and I feel like I'm using too much travel, I'm 6"8 and 260lbs so I have to run 310psi to reach just over 35% sag does anybody have any ideas on what can be done? Or what shock I should be looking for on the market?
How does it ride?
If it's too mushy and squatting while climbing, then yes you need higher spring rate, but Debonairs tend to sag more because of the bigger negative chamber. If the only issue is using too much travel, then add spacers.

Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
If you're a heavier person you want to use low volume shock moreso than a high volume shock. The high volume shock does not work well with heavy loads, as this is where a low volume shock performs as if it was made for heavy riders.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 7, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
You can order valving assemblies with different tune. Lots of heavy guys would run heavy compression and rebound tubes due to the weight a pressure in the shock.

Posted: Oct 7, 2017 at 22:02 Quote
XCMark wrote:
If you're a heavier person you want to use low volume shock moreso than a high volume shock. The high volume shock does not work well with heavy loads, as this is where a low volume shock performs as if it was made for heavy riders.

Exactly this, get a lower volume can as the debonair doesn't work that well with heavier riders. Its also a hell of a lot cheaper than a revalve if the shock, which to be honest won't help you if you're getting excessive sag numbers, as that's a function of the spring, not the valving in the shock.

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
I think you'll need both a spring to hold you up and damping appropriate for the weight. I'd suggest calling Push or another tuner to see what they suggest. It's not likely a stock shock is going to work very well.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
At 260lbs, maybe + more with gear, I'd definitely look into a coil shock! Besides the additional weight, coils are awesome.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011566
Mobile Version of Website