Help with Crank install

PB Forum :: 29ers
Help with Crank install
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 5:29 Quote
Hey i just had a Raceface Affect 1x 30t chainring and crankset installed. I had a mechanic do it and he left a gap between the non-driveside crank arm and bottom bracket. He said he had to because of the spacer not being small enough. I've been riding on it with no issues. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this?

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
Is there any play in the crank? If there is play it will cause issues. There should be either a washer or a bearing preload adjuster on the non drive side. Maybe a picture would help.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
They’re should be a preload spacer thing which you just nip up finger tight and a touch more on non driveside

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:24 Quote
notTarek wrote:
Hey i just had a Raceface Affect 1x 30t chainring and crankset installed. I had a mechanic do it and he left a gap between the non-driveside crank arm and bottom bracket. He said he had to because of the spacer not being small enough. I've been riding on it with no issues. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this?

Have you got some more info for us?

What bottom bracket shell width is your frame?

What bottom bracket did he use?

24mm or 30mm axle?

Got pictures of it installed?

I think that the 30mm crank uses a preloader you can set preload on (sits on non drive side). And the 24mm crank uses an elastomer spacer thing (sits on drive side).

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
Wenna wrote:
notTarek wrote:

Have you got some more info for us?

What bottom bracket shell width is your frame?

What bottom bracket did he use?

24mm or 30mm axle?

Got pictures of it installed?

I think that the 30mm crank uses a preloader you can set preload on (sits on non drive side). And the 24mm crank uses an elastomer spacer thing (sits on drive side).

Either the op usedhis inniative, went to a bikeshop mechanic or isn’t bothered

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010517
Mobile Version of Website