DJ Rigid fork

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
I've been looking around here in Pinkbike and I haven't seen anyone using a rigid fork other than me. Just wondering why you're not using one? It's hard to do anything with a moving front end when I started using an MTB, that's why I replaced my suspension fork with rigid. Any inputs why you're not using rigid?

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
I'm not crazy with the tricks, but I do like to get big air and it's nice having a suspension fork. I can hit a 4ft tall kicker and land to flat without hurting myself. On a BMX bike I might come close to bashing my face on the handlebars trying that.

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
I think rigid is better in tight transition skateparks. But for dirt I prefer sus.

"The Rigid Lifestyle"
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=83070&pagenum=1

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
Oh yeah...just tried my setup on a pump track last Sunday. I really love rigid forks

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
I race rigid on my cruiser and ride rigid on my park bike. Building a dj and im going to get a short travel fork with a lockout for the same reason you pointed out.

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 21:05 Quote
i used a rigid forks before, I didn't really enjoy it much. it was hard on my wrists and ankles and it was hard to bunny hop or do any trick that involves that.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:12 Quote
False wrote:
i used a rigid forks before, I didn't really enjoy it much. it was hard on my wrists and ankles and it was hard to bunny hop or do any trick that involves that.

Yup, but you'll get used to it and practice how to bunnyhop. It's not the same feeling if you got used to BMX or MTB on suspension

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
I have both, have found that on my rigid DJ bikes I like to run a slightly larger tire. Run slightly lower psi to soften things up a bit.
Currently I'm loving my Maxxis DTH 2.3 tires. I wish they still made the Bontrager G1 tiers Frown

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
I think it just comes down to what's most common. Most dirt riders in the media run front suspension = most DJ bikes being sold with front sus and most riders using it.

Rigid is definitely more of pure experience IMO. It creates more potential for a predictable bike response (the way the bike responds to whatever terrain you're riding). I was riding park on a BMX yesterday and there's nothing like it... rigid bikes feel like they're made for park/park feels like it was built for rigid bikes (to me). But I grew up riding a hardtail 26" with front suspension though, so that's what I prefer ultimately. I ride with front suspension simply because it feels most natural.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009555
Mobile Version of Website