Strava "Seperated" Trail Leaderboard?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Strava "Seperated" Trail Leaderboard?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
I created some Strava Segments for some legal moto trail surrounding my community. The problem was that all it did was attract motos to those trails, who are messing up the Strava cycling leaderboard. I want to compare my times against other unmotorized riders, not motorcycle guys that apparently like skill because I'm beating them on downhills and through tight sections.

Anyway, I've noticed the Trailforks keeps tabs on my times for trails, but I'm curious: are those times just based off of matching Strava Segments?

For instance, could I delete the segments that I've created that have attracted nothing but moto guys, but still compare my times and fellow Trailforks users results on trails that are in Trailforks?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 23:02 Quote
The Trailforks leaderboards are completely separate from Strava. They work but need some major work to make better.

They work based on the trail as it's mapped on Trailforks, but the "timed segment" of the trail is automatically cropped in a bit from the start and ends of the trail, to avoid getting timed when standing around a trail head.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
Ok, so let me ask this:

If I create a trail in Trailforks that doesn't have a matching (or any) segment on Strava, will my time for a lap of the trail or whatever show up in Trailforks?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 16:59 Quote
Yes.

However on a per-trail or per-region basis there is an option to "disable leaderboards" so if a trail had that selected, then you wouldn't see your time. This was added for some sensitive trails like some alpine trails that shouldn't be "raced".

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009386
Mobile Version of Website