Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
P4P5 wrote:
Got a call today mine arrived. Picking it up on Monday.

When did you order? Are you getting yours in the estimated timeframe?

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 22:38 Quote
I ordered 3.11.2017. it arrived 1month earlier.

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 6:46 Quote
Can someone please measure this for me?

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
its home! Huge bike Eek
But it feels good sitting on it.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 13:22 Quote
Hi p4p5, I got mine too the m team orbea. It feels huge compared to my x10 can't wait to get out on it this weekend. The water bottle is it side loading or can you get away with normal cage? Only looking at topeak ninja with the pouch.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 1:05 Quote
Hi.
I got sideloading cage. Loads from the right. I got it from mate of mine and I don't know the brand. Specialized makes sideloading cages though. 600ml Camelbak podium ice bottle fits good. I guess you could get away with normal one. But it needs to be deep cutout with plenty of room on the side to twist pull it out.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
scottysurf22 wrote:
Hi p4p5, I got mine too the m team orbea. It feels huge compared to my x10 can't wait to get out on it this weekend. The water bottle is it side loading or can you get away with normal cage? Only looking at topeak ninja with the pouch.

The Speccy carbon zee cages are great. and the carbon ones are on $23 bucks on Specialized website right now. Left or right hand loading.

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
Another picture

M-Team build, size XL
Tubeless
CODE brakes
Right loading bottle cage (dont know the brand)
M8020 pedals

~14,1Kg

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
Cheers guys was looking at the topeak ninja range with either toolkit or co2 kit.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:41 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm 5'8 and have demo'd the s/m rallon, It was wicked and its totally sold 29 for me (coming from a medium nomad c mk3).

The s/m rallon did perhaos feel a little short, although still awesome when pointed it down). I'm really interested in sizing up but don't want to loose too much playfulness and back wheel fun, just gain even more stability for the real steep stuff.

Has anyone my height gone large, and how does it handle the really steep stuff? Does the rear tyre hit your arse at all and does the bike feel unwieldy or like your a passenger? I didn't experience any of this on the s/m but not had the chance to demo a large.

Cheers!

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
Anyone know if/when Orbea will either release or include the little frame bag for the Rallon?

Doing everything I can to get gear on my bike and off my back (hip pack, bottle cage, hopefully the frame bag too).

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 5:45 Quote
What size you do you ride?

I have yet to get to test ride the Rallon. The ones that's available for me to test is XL, but according to Orbeas site and Lee Likes Bikes RAD calculation, the LG should fit be pretty bang on. But I have heard from others that are about my size that they think the XL fits them better. So what's your thoughts?

The Lee Likes Bikes RAD-calculation:
Length: 182 cm (6')
RAD: Recommended: 81,2 cm, LG: 80,8, XL: 83,5
Reach: Recommended: 43,0 cm, LG: 43,1, XL: 46,1
Rise: Recommended: 68,9 cm, LG: 68,3, XL: 69,7

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Its hard to say.
Im 185cm tall, 91cm inseam and long arms, so it feels good for me. XL
I havent tried on before, so i was pretty happy when i got it and how it felt.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 11:05 Quote
Having a XL bike to test is great as you'll know straight away if it feels right or if it's going to be too big, in which case the large will be fine. If the demo bike was a large you might always be wondering if you would have liked the XL.

For what it's worth I'm just over 6' 1" and I felt really comfortable on a XL Rallon, and also on a few other long travel 29ers with similar reach numbers, but trying these bikes also made me realise I would be ok with even more reach which is why I've gone for a 500mm frame (Bird Aeris AM9).

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Having a XL bike to test is great as you'll know straight away if it feels right or if it's going to be too big, in which case the large will be fine. If the demo bike was a large you might always be wondering if you would have liked the XL.

For what it's worth I'm just over 6' 1" and I felt really comfortable on a XL Rallon, and also on a few other long travel 29ers with similar reach numbers, but trying these bikes also made me realise I would be ok with even more reach which is why I've gone for a 500mm frame (Bird Aeris AM9).

Yeah, guess I just have to wait for the snow to clear and go for a test ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016172
Mobile Version of Website