Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
EcologyDoug wrote:
My rear brake hose very occasionally touches the spokes. There seems to be a small threaded hole nearby, maybe for a clasp to keep it tighter to the frame?

The hose has also rubbed a bit of paint away. I have made a temporary barrier to this using electrical tape, but would prefer a better solution.

Any ideas for a solution fellow Rallon-ites?

Its for the upcoming fox live

Ahh right thanks. Any hints on the paint rub/spoke tickle issue folks?

Doug

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
EcologyDoug wrote:
My rear brake hose very occasionally touches the spokes. There seems to be a small threaded hole nearby, maybe for a clasp to keep it tighter to the frame?

The hose has also rubbed a bit of paint away. I have made a temporary barrier to this using electrical tape, but would prefer a better solution.

Mine has a cable guide screwed into the stay that keeps the brake hose away from the spokes.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
stranga wrote:
EcologyDoug wrote:

Mine has a cable guide screwed into the stay that keeps the brake hose away from the spokes.

Hey man. That sounds like what I need. Would you be so kind as to post a picture?

Cheers
Doug

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 5:02 Quote
stranga wrote:
Hose guide
Thanks a lot man. that is exactly what I am missing.

D

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 8:11 Quote
After 5 and a half months I finally have my Rallon!

I upgraded fork, shock and wheels. My LBS swapped the Raceface post with a Fox Transfer and i slapped a RF Turbine R stem and Next R bars on.

photo
photo
photo

Rode it yesterday on some fun, vaired terrain trails and this thing just gobbled it all up. Climbs incredibly for a 31 lb bike, and descends excellently through the rocky rooty terrain i was on. The 30mm wheels and big tires gave me excellent grip (28 PSI front/30 rear) both up and down and I never spun out on a climb.

Looking forward to taking it out to Santa Cruz next weekend to hit Demo or Wilder!

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
So how does the little bag attach to frame anyways? Was thinking it was missing a strap to wrap around seat tube and into velcro.hook on bag..

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
So how does the little bag attach to frame anyways? Was thinking it was missing a strap to wrap around seat tube and into velcro.hook on bag..

Theres a little metal brakcet you attach to a screw (like a bottle cage attachment point) and that bracket has little open wings that you wrap the bags velcro around.

I will say, it ios a stiff little bag, and with a bottle cage on there, it is VERY difficult to use. My suggestion is to store things you will need only in the most serious of breakdowns. Store your spare tube/CO2/etc elsewhere with a frame strap or something like that. That or move your bottle cage as far forward as you possibly can, to give room for your fingers to manipulate the bags zipper.

That said, its cool that Orbea provides it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
Not sure i got that bracket in my lil box of goodies...and i agree, using that zipper while bag is in place is not very ez so ya it would be only for survival stuff i guess.

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Not sure i got that bracket in my lil box of goodies...and i agree, using that zipper while bag is in place is not very ez so ya it would be only for survival stuff i guess.

Well short of fabbing something to use the bag, that bracket is very much necessary. Personally, I would slap a backcountry research motherload strap with a tube and 2 CO2 catridges /inflator in that space, and have that stuff be very much usable if needed.

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
jrocksdh wrote:

Well short of fabbing something to use the bag, that bracket is very much necessary. Personally, I would slap a backcountry research motherload strap with a tube and 2 CO2 catridges /inflator in that space, and have that stuff be very much usable if needed.

Good call!

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 0:05 Quote
Why can’t you just remove the bag to access it? It looks like there’s only two bits of Velcro holding it on anyway. Short of that you could use a cageless magnetic bottle instead.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
saabg wrote:
Why can’t you just remove the bag to access it? It looks like there’s only two bits of Velcro holding it on anyway. Short of that you could use a cageless magnetic bottle instead.

If you don't have a bottle cage, sure, easy peasy. Without a cage, its pretty straightforward to open even on the frame. With a cage, removing, opening, or using in general is a tight affair.

I've never tried a magnetic bottle/cage and am dubious about usiong one. Do you have one you suggest?

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 12:47 Quote
Found that bag bracket-right in the box it was supposed to be in lol.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 13:54 Quote
Can anyone help me figure out what Shimano brake adapter I need to boost my rear brake from 180-203mm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014909
Mobile Version of Website