Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
P4P5 wrote:
zachinblack wrote:
How long did y'all ride before doing a major drivetrain tune/clean/overhaul?

Im getting a nastyy BB area creak and probably need to adjust my cable tension (shifter and dropper) and deep clean everyhting.

Ive done about 150 miles at this point. Seem about right? Should I also grease pivots, etc?

I got about the same distance as you. No creaks and i tensioned the cables. I just do regular cleaning when its really dirty. No problems sofar.

Ended up tightening all the pivot bolts and the creak went away. So relieved.

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 3:02 Quote
Ordered my Rallon yesterday. Got a M10 19 in XL with fork upgrade and 170mm Crank brothers dropper. Really wanted the wheels too, but that was too expensive, had to stretch my budget already. Quoted nov 14-16 for build date, probably another week or so to get it to my LBS. Gonna be a hard wait, and an even longer winter Book

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
Svarun wrote:
Ordered my Rallon yesterday. Got a M10 19 in XL with fork upgrade and 170mm Crank brothers dropper. Really wanted the wheels too, but that was too expensive, had to stretch my budget already. Quoted nov 14-16 for build date, probably another week or so to get it to my LBS. Gonna be a hard wait, and an even longer winter Book

Worth the wait Smile

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
Hey fellow Rallon owners.

Have a pretty significant issue with my swingarm rubbing on my hub.
Rallon swingarm rubbing.
Rallon swingarm rubbing.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I contact Orbea about it? Ive not had any bad crashes or any indicators that this was happening until i pulled my wheel last week.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
Of course, cant believe you are asking this. Get in touch with Orbea ASAP.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
Just shot my shop an email on it.

Is that something that can be repaired? Or am I looking at a new swimgarm?

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
Dont know but the damage doesnt look too bad at this point...

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
P4P5 wrote:
Svarun wrote:

Worth the wait Smile

No doubt, doesn't make the wait any easier though Smile . How is your holding up, any problems?

I liked the new Rallon from the moment I saw the first articles and I kept coming back to when I was searching for a new bike. All other bikes I was interested in had at least one thing that was bothering me. The SA on Slash, no bottle space on Capra, etc. And we do get a pretty sweet deal on Rallons here, as you know...

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 9:21 Quote
Svarun wrote:
P4P5 wrote:
Svarun wrote:

Worth the wait Smile

No doubt, doesn't make the wait any easier though Smile . How is your holding up, any problems?

I liked the new Rallon from the moment I saw the first articles and I kept coming back to when I was searching for a new bike. All other bikes I was interested in had at least one thing that was bothering me. The SA on Slash, no bottle space on Capra, etc. And we do get a pretty sweet deal on Rallons here, as you know...

The deals here are sweet. Thats one of the reasons i decided to get one as well. Apart from all the good reviews.
No problems with the bike sofar. All works well Smile

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 2:14 Quote
Hi, any rider with 6"4 or higher riding rallon? Planning to buy new bike, and concerned if the XL size will suit. I am 6:4" with symmetrical figure and 200 pounds. Thanks for help Smile Unfortunately no possibility to test in my place :/

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 4:02 Quote
Hejsa wrote:
Hi, any rider with 6"4 or higher riding rallon? Planning to buy new bike, and concerned if the XL size will suit. I am 6:4" with symmetrical figure and 200 pounds. Thanks for help Smile Unfortunately no possibility to test in my place :/

I’m 6,2” and have a XL. Wouldn’t want the bike any smaller tbh and could easily live it with having a larger reach.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 2:08 Quote
gavjackson1984 wrote:
Hejsa wrote:

I’m 6,2” and have a XL. Wouldn’t want the bike any smaller tbh and could easily live it with having a larger reach.

Thank you, I worried this answer.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
Anyone know where to pick up a spare mech hanger for a 2019 Rallon? Only ones listed on the Orbea site are for the 2013 model. Just want to have a spare for when I get that inevitable rock strike.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
Bogmanfan wrote:
Anyone know where to pick up a spare mech hanger for a 2019 Rallon? Only ones listed on the Orbea site are for the 2013 model. Just want to have a spare for when I get that inevitable rock strike.

You could always contact Orbea or a LBS. In UK D&D Cycles comes to mind.

Part number 15430164. It is the same for 2018 and 2019 model as the frame is the same.

Looks like this

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
Update on the chain rub situation:

Orbea informed my shop that the rubbing is not a major issue and will not compromise structural strength. On the plus side, if it does end up breakinbg for some reason, i am on record with them having brought the situation to them well ahead of time. I have since applied some clear nail polish over the exposed section to keep it protected (somewhat).

Rallon swingarm rubbing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.019550
Mobile Version of Website