Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
I had a "clicking" noise that appears to have been coming from the brake line cable stop on the chain stay that came loose.The screw had no lube and the whole piece was moving every time they suspension cycled. So far my adjustment seems to have solved the issue. Maybe that's your culprit too? I spoke with Chris King and they will have a DUB bb in a month or so. That should solve your rusting issue if that's the case. Usually with threaded Bottom brackets I wrap teflon tape opposite the tread pattern and then grease seems to help a lot for a noisy bb.

zachinblack wrote:
Ferd wrote:
Re: Foam to avoid rust...
I'd probably Not do that and instead try and figure out a way to help it dry out in there when you're not riding. It's so difficult to access that spot to change out the foam without removing the BB...would suck if the foam absorbed water like a sponge and accelerated the corrosion.

Did you coat everything is a ton of grease when you did the install. I always to that myself...but I also don't ride a ton.. like once a week maybe twice at most...

I have begun to overcoat the Bb with grease now due to this issue. It hasnt been an issue since but we shall see.

Fair point on the foam. Better to work on some kind of drainage system/ etc. Making sure im careful around joints/bewarings/pivots when washing.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
Did you replace the bearings because of noise?

Ferd wrote:
That sounds like a cool thing. AAND I actually know a place with some awesome inspection gizmos like that...

All the bearings have been replaced, twice. Once by me. And again by the dealer because they didn't know I already did that..Even thought the loctite 680 bearing mount I used shoulda been a giveaway.

sxy-slo wrote:
Ferd what about borrowing fiberoptic camera and look around your frame to find the culprit? Also, examine bearings if they are the reason for those sounds.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
pball19ac wrote:
I had a "clicking" noise that appears to have been coming from the brake line cable stop on the chain stay that came loose.The screw had no lube and the whole piece was moving every time they suspension cycled. So far my adjustment seems to have solved the issue. Maybe that's your culprit too? I spoke with Chris King and they will have a DUB bb in a month or so. That should solve your rusting issue if that's the case. Usually with threaded Bottom brackets I wrap teflon tape opposite the tread pattern and then grease seems to help a lot for a noisy bb.

How would the CK BB prevent rust versus any other threaded BB? No sracasm, legit question. Im pretty low on Bb related knowledge.

zachinblack wrote:
Ferd wrote:
Re: Foam to avoid rust...
I'd probably Not do that and instead try and figure out a way to help it dry out in there when you're not riding. It's so difficult to access that spot to change out the foam without removing the BB...would suck if the foam absorbed water like a sponge and accelerated the corrosion.

Did you coat everything is a ton of grease when you did the install. I always to that myself...but I also don't ride a ton.. like once a week maybe twice at most...

I have begun to overcoat the Bb with grease now due to this issue. It hasnt been an issue since but we shall see.

Fair point on the foam. Better to work on some kind of drainage system/ etc. Making sure im careful around joints/bewarings/pivots when washing.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 13:56 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
I had a strange knocking noise that was coming from some linkage point or the BB. I replaced the BB and it has since gone away. The knocking was synchnonized to each pedal stroke and i could actually feel the "noise"/issue in my feet (thru my pedals and shoes). Apparently my BB had rusted bearings from water getting into the frame.
I have this too on my rallon, exactly as you describe it, but I've only ridden it four times... tightened all the linkage bolts too and the knocking hasn't gone away. I'll take the cranks off and check the bb to see if that's the cause

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
robwaite47 wrote:
zachinblack wrote:
I had a strange knocking noise that was coming from some linkage point or the BB. I replaced the BB and it has since gone away. The knocking was synchnonized to each pedal stroke and i could actually feel the "noise"/issue in my feet (thru my pedals and shoes). Apparently my BB had rusted bearings from water getting into the frame.
I have this too on my rallon, exactly as you describe it, but I've only ridden it four times... tightened all the linkage bolts too and the knocking hasn't gone away. I'll take the cranks off and check the bb to see if that's the cause

Remove and regrease the BB.. Check for rust/water in the tubes. Make sure everything is torqued correctly and it should go away.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
Chris King Botton Bracket is serviceable plus you can get ceramic bearings that wouldn’t rust. Even their stainless bears are way more durable than OEM bottom brackets.

zachinblack wrote:
pball19ac wrote:

How would the CK BB prevent rust versus any other threaded BB? No sracasm, legit question. Im pretty low on Bb related knowledge.

zachinblack wrote:

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
Can any dealer give us any sneak peak about the presentation last week?

I’ve heard something about new linkage, same frame, and the possibility to acquire the linkage as an upgrade for the current owners, which would be great, no other brand has done something like this for previous buyers!

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
alnavasa wrote:
Can any dealer give us any sneak peak about the presentation last week?

I’ve heard something about new linkage, same frame, and the possibility to acquire the linkage as an upgrade for the current owners, which would be great, no other brand has done something like this for previous buyers!

What's this about? I haven't heard anything about this topic.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
It will be a 170mm fork stock and 150mm rear travel.... that's what a dealer on fb posted...no new link I guess :/

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
It will be a 170mm fork stock and 150mm rear travel.... that's what a dealer on fb posted...no new link I guess :/

I have heard that the new link will give 160 travel, new 2020 models will come with it and 170 up front. Thhis is from a reliable source.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
alanme wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:

I have heard that the new link will give 160 travel, new 2020 models will come with it and 170 up front. Thhis is from a reliable source.

I would gladly up my travel to 160. The bikes greaty as is, but could certainly benefit from a lil more travel for bigger hits, especially the way i ride.

Please keep us updated when/if official news comes out!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
Non oficial news is that t-lap linkage will be the one for new bikes and that it will be available for purchase for previous bikes.

There are some pictures from January March in this forum where both where compared

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
Interesting news.
What about geometry balance? new bikes also get 170mm fork front. Won't 160/160mm disturb geometry in some way? Also will shock and shock tune stay the same?

edit:
I've found german site with specs and prices:
https://www.orbea-versand.de/Orbea-Fahrraeder/Orbea-Mountainbikes/Orbea-Rallon-M20-2020-Blue-Red.html

apparently shock stays the same (at least size, not sure about tune).

"
RAHMEN Orbea Monocoque Race Carbon. Advanced Dynamics 150mm suspension technology. 29" wheels.Concentric Boost 12x148 rear axle. Pure Enduro geometry. Internal cable routing. ISCG05
GABEL Fox 36 Float Performance 170 Grip 3-Position QR15x110
FEDERUNG Fox DPX2 Performance 3-Position Evol custom tune 230x60mm
LAUFRÄDER DT Swiss E-1900 Spline 30c TLR 15/110mm CL
REIFEN Maxxis Minion DHF 2.50" FB 60 TPI 3C Maxx Terra Exo TR
VORDERACHSE Orbea 12x188x1mm
SCHALTHEBEL Shimano SLX M7100
SCHALTWERK Shimano SLX M7100 SGS Shadow Plus
KURBEL Shimano MT610 32t
KETTE KMC X12
KASETTE Shimano SLX M7100 10-51t 12-Speed
BREMSEN Shimano MT501 BR520 Hydraulic Disc
SATTEL Fizik Taiga S-alloy rail
SATTELSTÜTZE OC2 Dropper 31.6mm
LENKER OC1 35mm 12mm Rise 780mm
VORBAU OC1 3D Forged 35mm interface 7?
STEUERSATZ Acros Alloy 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated
"

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
If you want more travel you can just swap the shock out. Stock is 230x60, and has good clearance between tire and seat tube at full compression. Bumping to a 230x65 (DVO even offers a 230x62.5 coil) should give it right around 160 mm or rear travel.

I did the same thing on my old Devinci Troy, and the extra travel basically made up for the linear spring rate of the coil. Made the bike less fun on jumps, but way more fun on loose tech trails and braking bumps.

I'm super excited for the new linkage.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Yes but take a look at frame description in my post.. it is still 150mm at back. Therefore i doubt in news about new linkeage.
Time will tell.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.011477
Mobile Version of Website