Orbea Rallon owners

| Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
stranga wrote:
Hose guide

I'm missing that too. Does anyone know the bolt spec/size please?

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
You can run something in the easy direction and use it as a guide in the desired direction.

Gingertom29er wrote:
Brake Cable Routing
Hi people -
any advice on getting a shimano Zee brake hose through the chainstay on my 2018 Rallon frame? I've just got the frame and it has come without brakes so no existing hose there to help me. The Zee connects to the caliper with a banjo bolt, which is crimped on and not removable, and too big to fit through the hole. So I have to feed it through the chainstay from the caliper (rear) end, which gives me a tiny exit hole to aim for, and I'm not having any luck. Any top tips? Cheers

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Is routing brake cable through the frame as easy as pushing it through? I haven't done internal routed brakes before and am wondering if im gonna be working on it for hours, or if there are internal routing guides that take the cable through?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
My mechanic (and friend) was cussing up a storm for a solid 20 minutes when he replaced my brake line. I do not believe there is internal routing

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
Is routing brake cable through the frame as easy as pushing it through? I haven't done internal routed brakes before and am wondering if im gonna be working on it for hours, or if there are internal routing guides that take the cable through?

Tie a strong string on old brake hose before removing the hose. Then tie it on new hose. Old hose has to go out of the smaller orifice last and the new hose should be inserted through the same orifice in the opposite direction.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
zachinblack wrote:

There's nothing in the frame to quide the cables. I've just upgraded my brakes to xtr's last weekend and also had to change hoses so I used that small red tool from rockshox (don't know what's it called) and threaded it into brake hose at headtube to a shifter housing that I had laying around, pulled it through entire frame to come out from rear brake hole and then threaded that tool again into new brake hose and pulled it back with shifter housing until it came out at head tube. I don't know which brakes are you running but I found out with shimano (because banjo is too big for the frame holes to fit through), this is the easiest way for it.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
Shuro wrote:
zachinblack wrote:

There's nothing in the frame to quide the cables. I've just upgraded my brakes to xtr's last week end and also had to change hoses so I used that small red tool from rockshox (don't know what's it called) and threaded it into brake hose at headtube to a shifter housing that I had laying around, pulled it through entire frame to come out from rear brake hole and then threaded that tool again into new brake hose and pulled it back with shifter housing until it came out at head tube. I don't know which brakes are you running but I found out with shimano (because banjo is too big for the frame holes to fit through), this is the easiest way for it.

So I have an interesting update.

I made an attempt to route the new brake line through the frame and actually found a foam tube that the previous brake line/shift cable was run through. It could just be something to stop cable rattling in the frame itself but im not sure. I was unsuccessful in routing the new line through this routing tube, but thought y'all should know. I've given up and am taking it into my local shop so they can deal with it.

Orbea Rallon Internal routing tube
Orbea Rallon Internal routing tube

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011768
Mobile Version of Website