Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
I'm dying to hear people's reviews of the new linkage. I've searched everywhere, and all I've seen are the official reviews, but not many forum posts. I might just take the plunge and buy it. I'm curious how it feels with and without lengthening the fork travel 10 mm. I saw the review on Pinkbike where it was slackening out the bike without the 170 mm fork air spring even though Orbea says it shouldn't do that. I really love this bike and my only gripe (which is small) is that the rear end could be a little more active in the chunk. This looks like the perfect solution. I love how the bike pedals and climbs though so I'm hoping that the new linkage doesn't detract too much from that. I'm running the X2 so I could always flip the climb switch if needed.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
matt-m-frontrange wrote:
I'm dying to hear people's reviews of the new linkage. I've searched everywhere, and all I've seen are the official reviews, but not many forum posts. I might just take the plunge and buy it. I'm curious how it feels with and without lengthening the fork travel 10 mm. I saw the review on Pinkbike where it was slackening out the bike without the 170 mm fork air spring even though Orbea says it shouldn't do that. I really love this bike and my only gripe (which is small) is that the rear end could be a little more active in the chunk. This looks like the perfect solution. I love how the bike pedals and climbs though so I'm hoping that the new linkage doesn't detract too much from that. I'm running the X2 so I could always flip the climb switch if needed.

Super curious as well. My only grip is how the rear suspension acts in chop. I just wish it was a wee bit more compliant overall.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 22:02 Quote
I've bought the linkage right before Christmas and had a week of riding in Finale Ligure since then. Boy, i.m.o. the new linkage changes the bike much more than Levy says. So much more supple of the top (almost plush) but you don't bottom out as easily (like the old one). Btw I am having the X2 filled with 5 spacers. With the new linkage I have mounted 4 at the time but I'll put another one in again. I've been riding in finale in summer so I think I have a good comparison on the same trails with the Rallon old vs. new linkage.
My findings are:
1. You gain traction and control and safety when riding fast in chunky sections
2. You don't have to work as much with your legs
3. Less support and poppiness, so a tad more LSC (my Opinion, Shockwhiz says still less LSC than with the old linkage)
4. Plushness and much more traction in the beginning of the stroke
5. No more bottom outs (I had them all the time even at 175psi 5 spacers and 75kg rider weight)

Conclusion: The new linkage makes the Rallon exactly the enduro race bike it always wanted to be. So If you have the money and love the manner of the bike, why not? Smile Btw I ran a 160mm fork.
I hope I could help.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
I've bought the linkage right before Christmas and had a week of riding in Finale Ligure since then. Boy, i.m.o. the new linkage changes the bike much more than Levy says. So much more supple of the top (almost plush) but you don't bottom out as easily (like the old one). Btw I am having the X2 filled with 5 spacers. With the new linkage I have mounted 4 at the time but I'll put another one in again. I've been riding in finale in summer so I think I have a good comparison on the same trails with the Rallon old vs. new linkage.
My findings are:
3. Less support and poppiness, so a tad more LSC (my Opinion, Shockwhiz says still less LSC than with the old linkage)
5. No more bottom outs (I had them all the time even at 175psi 5 spacers and 75kg rider weight)

Conclusion: The new linkage makes the Rallon exactly the enduro race bike it always wanted to be. So If you have the money and love the manner of the bike, why not? Smile Btw I ran a 160mm fork.
I hope I could help.

Great write up, any change in Climbing.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:

I hope I could help.

Thanks man! Did it change your geo or drop the BB? I’m also curious if you get more pedal strikes climbing chunky trails.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 6:36 Quote
Any ideas what tool i need to remove the sram dub bb on the 2019 m team rallon? Cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
alanme wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:
My findings are:

I hope I could help.

Great write up, any change in Climbing.

Climbing hasn't changed for me and I have to ride everything up by myself at home. BB drop hasn't changed and I don't get pedal strikes (with 175mm cranks).

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Is there an Occam 2020 owners chat doe anyone know?
Can't seem to find one.

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
What size dropper can you fit in a Large frame? Is it possible to get a 170 in there?

Also, what type of glue is everyone using to re-stick the frame guard on?

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
Cant say for dropper length, but i've used tesa outdoor tape ans works like a charm

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 2:53 Quote
Teepee146 wrote:
What size dropper can you fit in a Large frame? Is it possible to get a 170 in there?

Yes it is, i use a 170 mm dropper
no ideia about the glue

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
Teepee146 wrote:

I have a 170mm dropper slammed in my XL. When my frame guard came off I used gorilla tape clear mounting tape. It's been on there for over a year now with plenty of dirty rides and bike washes. Just cut out strips to go around the edge of the frame protector like the OEM tape has been fitted.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
Teepee146 wrote:

180 one up dropper on mine could have fitted a 200.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
Teepee146 wrote:

I have a 170 on my s/m and have plenty of room. I could probably go to 200. I’m guessing you should be ok with 170 on the large

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
photo

XL forest ripper!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014278
Mobile Version of Website