Orbea Rallon owners

Author Message
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a 210 mm OneUp dropper in a XL frame?

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 1:50 Quote
orskov wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a 210 mm OneUp dropper in a XL frame?

I've just had one fitted whilst in getting serviced. It was just shy of being slammed for my ride height, so they dropped the extension to 200mm. Not tried it in anger yet, but it looks awesome.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 1:16 Quote
Trailsy- wrote:
orskov wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a 210 mm OneUp dropper in a XL frame?

I've just had one fitted whilst in getting serviced. It was just shy of being slammed for my ride height, so they dropped the extension to 200mm. Not tried it in anger yet, but it looks awesome.

Just fitted mine aswell. Running it at 210 mm almost slammed. :-)

Orbea Rallon M10 2019

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
Does the tire clear the saddle at full compression?

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Does the tire clear the saddle at full compression?

Gonna take it to a bike park tomorrow, will be the first ride with the new dropper. Update coming afterwards!

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
You can just deflate your spring and fully compress the shock to test. No need to find out via an unpleasant surprise.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Does the tire clear the saddle at full compression?

On my size Large, yes. I have a One-Up slammed to the collar and a Fabric Scoop saddle. I tested it at full compression... still decent clearance. I do have my saddle pushed forward on the rails for better climbing position, but not as far as possible.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
That's good. I was concerned about orksov, as his saddle isn't so far forward. Sounds like it may work.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
I've just tested revised rallon R5 link. I have to say it changes the character of the bike quite a lot. Ascending is way harder now and bike is not as responsive as before. Descending however is way better. the gnarlier the terrain the better. Also riding closed turns is easier.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:
I've just tested revised rallon R5 link. I have to say it changes the character of the bike quite a lot. Ascending is way harder now and bike is not as responsive as before. Descending however is way better. the gnarlier the terrain the better. Also riding closed turns is easier.

Does it pedal worse?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
That's good. I was concerned about orksov, as his saddle isn't so far forward. Sounds like it may work.

I ran it in the "low" position as i went to try it out so i was fairly confident that i would work. Today I deflated the shock and changed the flip chip to "lower", still has plenty of clearence with to shock fully compressed. Thanks for the concern anyway. Salute

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 1:38 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
sxy-slo wrote:
I've just tested revised rallon R5 link. I have to say it changes the character of the bike quite a lot. Ascending is way harder now and bike is not as responsive as before. Descending however is way better. the gnarlier the terrain the better. Also riding closed turns is easier.

Does it pedal worse?

A lot. Still quite better than yt capra 29. It is the price of better sensitivity in first third of suspension.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
sxy-slo wrote:
I've just tested revised rallon R5 link. I have to say it changes the character of the bike quite a lot. Ascending is way harder now and bike is not as responsive as before. Descending however is way better. the gnarlier the terrain the better. Also riding closed turns is easier.

Does it pedal worse?

A lot. Still quite better than yt capra 29. It is the price of better sensitivity in first third of suspension.
It's weird I think it is the shock tune the issue, what shock do you have?
The antisquat is really high. You are not the only one who is complaining about it though, the other one who does uses a dpx2 performance.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
I'm not complaining just noticing. I dont care that much about climbing since it was unreal with V1 link. Now it is just very good for enduro bike.
I have floatx2 and firmly believe that tune is ok. I had to add some lsc and hsc to my settings and think it is perfect.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 22:59 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:
I'm not complaining just noticing. I dont care that much about climbing since it was unreal with V1 link. Now it is just very good for enduro bike.
I have floatx2 and firmly believe that tune is ok. I had to add some lsc and hsc to my settings and think it is perfect.

Did you keep the forks at 160 or increase to 170?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012874
Mobile Version of Website