Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 2:28 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
What is the general view on the reliability of these bikes? There is one available second hand near me and I am thinking of going for it but I'm sick of unreliable canyons and YTs and being second hand I wouldn't have a warranty on this. (Unless they offer a transferrable warranty?)

I, and several of my friends have Rallons. I'm also friends with the owner of my LBS who stocks Orbea. I haven't heard of any breakages.

Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
Former FIS DH rider broke one rallon frame this year, but he is hard charger and does big air on jumps.. the second frame holds well afaik.

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
Thanks, I haven't heard anything bad about them. Unfortunately I just missed out ohe second had one which was for sale for a bargain price.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
Oskaren wrote:
Has anyone have problem with tire-rub on the chainstays on the 2020 rallon? I have huge problems with 2.4 tires eating up the carbon. All the bolts are torqued and the bearings are new. The wheel is tight.
I'm having the same sort of problem and don't know how to solve. In the next days I'll try to tight the spokes even more. Btw I'm using a hutchinson griffus 2.4 ertro 57 and i have dt swiss e1900 stock wheels mounted.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 4:20 Quote
Hi Folks,

I hope you are all well and staying safe.

I just want to confirm, Does anyone know the standard spring rate that DHX2 comes with on the size large?

Any help is much appreciated.

Elliot

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
commental wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:
Anyone rocking an Ohlins coil on their Rallon? Fox ones aint in stock til mid/late September and I'm off to the alps early august. Ideal world I wanted to match the Fox front because, well, why not, but it might not be possible.
It's a good shock very reliable. If you need to go with fox I think the x2 air is a better option all around, less weight, more progressive, tuneable, etc...

Fair comment, I've not ridden the X2, but I'm running a DHX2 with the new link and I'd say it pedals as well as any of the FS bikes of it's type that I've owned. I'm lucky that the stock spring works for me and I love the plushness and small bump performance of the coil.

Hi Mate,

Just wondering, What was the spring rate of the stock spring? And also which size are you running?

Thanks in advance!
Elliot

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Hi Guys - forgive me if this is somewhere in the 47 pages. Is a pivot service on these bikes pretty straightforward? I have bought a 2019 Rallon m10 2nd hand but there's a fair bit of play from the pivots (I think) when I wiggle the stays. Rest of the bike handles really good, I have the 2020 links which I will fit at the same time - I have read its okay to use the existing shock and no need to modify anything other than air pressure?

Looking forward to putting some new parts on it and racing this thing! tup

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 23:55 Quote
Giustigniano wrote:
Oskaren wrote:
Has anyone have problem with tire-rub on the chainstays on the 2020 rallon? I have huge problems with 2.4 tires eating up the carbon. All the bolts are torqued and the bearings are new. The wheel is tight.
I'm having the same sort of problem and don't know how to solve. In the next days I'll try to tight the spokes even more. Btw I'm using a hutchinson griffus 2.4 ertro 57 and i have dt swiss e1900 stock wheels mounted.

As far as I can see there are no torque values for the through bolt on the link. I found when I did mine up hand tight with the tool provided, then torqued up the bolts on the link I had quite a lot of movement on the rear wheel. I slackened them off, then pinched up the through bolt fairly tight, before re-torquing them. The movement in the rear wheel disappeared.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 23:57 Quote
elliot358 wrote:
commental wrote:
rickyvic wrote:

It's a good shock very reliable. If you need to go with fox I think the x2 air is a better option all around, less weight, more progressive, tuneable, etc...

Fair comment, I've not ridden the X2, but I'm running a DHX2 with the new link and I'd say it pedals as well as any of the FS bikes of it's type that I've owned. I'm lucky that the stock spring works for me and I love the plushness and small bump performance of the coil.

Hi Mate,

Just wondering, What was the spring rate of the stock spring? And also which size are you running?

Thanks in advance!
Elliot

The writing has rubbed off on my spring, but from memory it's 450 lbs and I believe that's regardless of frame size.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 23:59 Quote
Bjorn645 wrote:
Hi Guys - forgive me if this is somewhere in the 47 pages. Is a pivot service on these bikes pretty straightforward? I have bought a 2019 Rallon m10 2nd hand but there's a fair bit of play from the pivots (I think) when I wiggle the stays. Rest of the bike handles really good, I have the 2020 links which I will fit at the same time - I have read its okay to use the existing shock and no need to modify anything other than air pressure?

Your issue could be the same as above, try pinching up the through bolt. Your existing shock will fit fine.

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
commental wrote:
Giustigniano wrote:
Oskaren wrote:

As far as I can see there are no torque values for the through bolt on the link. I found when I did mine up hand tight with the tool provided, then torqued up the bolts on the link I had quite a lot of movement on the rear wheel. I slackened them off, then pinched up the through bolt fairly tight, before re-torquing them. The movement in the rear wheel disappeared.
Thanks I'll try for sure

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
commental wrote:
Bjorn645 wrote:

Your issue could be the same as above, try pinching up the through bolt. Your existing shock will fit fine.

Cheers for that - will give it a go and see if it helps.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Bjorn645 wrote:

Probably you have some worn bearings.
15-18nm torque on all linkage bolts, and 10nm on shock bolts!

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
mitjak wrote:
When figuring out sag I measured stroke on my DPX2 and it came in at about 57mm. I expected it to be a full 60mm as the shock is quoted as 230x60mm.

Did anyone else measure stroke on their DPX2? My Rallon is a 2020 with the new linkage.

You need to equalize the air chambers, otherwise you'll not get full stoke.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Oskaren wrote:

Verify tension on your wheels, or change for some stiffer ones. I can run maxxis 2.50WT, without any rubbing easily!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008129
Mobile Version of Website