Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
ashmtb85 wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:

Size Large has 455mm reach....XL is 485mm...
Not sure what you are measuring....

Yeah I did the reach measurement myself on my bike and that's what I got. It's a s/m. It definitely feels like a big bike. Wheelbase was alot longer than whatever is quoted as I recall as well. Point being it's a good idea to at least sit on it before you buy it.

It's been two years so not sure how well that would fly. When I first bought it and registered it the registration number also said s/m on their site if I recall.

Maybe you've got a size large and it has the wrong sticker on it?? Maybe talk to your dealer?

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
ashmtb85 wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:
ashmtb85 wrote:

Yeah I did the reach measurement myself on my bike and that's what I got. It's a s/m. It definitely feels like a big bike. Wheelbase was alot longer than whatever is quoted as I recall as well. Point being it's a good idea to at least sit on it before you buy it.

It's been two years so not sure how well that would fly. When I first bought it and registered it the registration number also said s/m on their site if I recall.

Maybe you've got a size large and it has the wrong sticker on it?? Maybe talk to your dealer?

Hello.

I had one in L=455 and change to XL= 485

See this image, i take it from orbea site

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
Simply put the XL is a large and L is a medium.
Measure the frontcenter and wheelbase not reach but they are related anyway.
Seattube ends up being a little longer than the other brands but no concern
I am 6'1 and an L is too short for technical riding
I normally ride L.

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
I am trying to swap my xl for an L but still it's not too bad even sizing down. I come from a gt sanction slackened 1.5 degrees and it's really unstable on the high speed supersteep.
Very good in the tight better than my 27.5 front

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 5:42 Quote
I ordered size L since i am 177 cm and i am always in between sizes. Anyone tried from 170 mm to 180 mm fork and if so how did it work ?

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
Simply put the XL is a large and L is a medium.
Measure the frontcenter and wheelbase not reach but they are related anyway.
Seattube ends up being a little longer than the other brands but no concern
I am 6'1 and an L is too short for technical riding
I normally ride L.
I’m 6’1 as well and I often wish my XL was longer. My bike even looks small on video and photos as well. I would love for them to make a XXL or do as you say and review the sizing and have an XL that is in fact extra large.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
Hey all,
Has anyone had a sucession of derailleur hanger breakages? I've gone through three this season alone. In the 10 years previous I've had one failture on other bikes. While I'm all for saving my derailleur I have the feeling this are a bit under built. Anyone have a different source than Orbea for these?
Thanks and best
Nic

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Orbea mech hangers are made of cheese. Pilo do a much better one.

https://pilo.co.il/d748-derailleur-hanger-for-orbea-rallon-r5.html

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
Anyone know if the newer Rallon linkage upgrade has been discontinued? It doesn't appear to exist on Orbea's website any more. I've contacted Orbea directly but no response so far...

Also, the ebay linkage referred to earlier in this thread doesn't seem to exist anymore either. Did Orbea get involved legally?

What gives?

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
commental wrote:
Orbea mech hangers are made of cheese. Pilo do a much better one.
https://pilo.co.il/d748-derailleur-hanger-for-orbea-rallon-r5.html

Hey! Thanks a lot for the tip.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 2:53 Quote
soundrider wrote:
Anyone know if the newer Rallon linkage upgrade has been discontinued? It doesn't appear to exist on Orbea's website any more. I've contacted Orbea directly but no response so far...

Also, the ebay linkage referred to earlier in this thread doesn't seem to exist anymore either. Did Orbea get involved legally?

What gives?

Cheers!

I bought those linkages from the ebay seller (he is also on Pinkbike as Leecoggan) - I know he has his own CNC machining workshop and I cant imagine he would be against a run of new links if there was enough demand.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
Bjorn645 wrote:
soundrider wrote:

What gives?

Cheers!

I bought those linkages from the ebay seller (he is also on Pinkbike as Leecoggan) - I know he has his own CNC machining workshop and I cant imagine he would be against a run of new links if there was enough demand.

Thanks that's great, found him on here and it look like he's making a new batch. Will be putting an order in when they're ready.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
soundrider wrote:
Bjorn645 wrote:
soundrider wrote:

What gives?

Cheers!

Thanks that's great, found him on here and it look like he's making a new batch. Will be putting an order in when they're ready.

Can you resend the link to that? I took my Rallon to the park last week and I've realized I want/need more travel.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Whats the biggest tyre width for 2021 version ? Should i able to fit 2.6 Magic mary front or too big ? Cant find any info on their page. Also upgrading to 180 mm from 170 mm anyone did it ?

thank you

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
soundrider wrote:
Bjorn645 wrote:

Can you resend the link to that? I took my Rallon to the park last week and I've realized I want/need more travel.

I bought the link from Lee some time ago.
So far so good, only I am not sure why a few times the bolts in the back loosened up, maybe I have to use loctite and a proper torque wrench

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007489
Mobile Version of Website