Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 0:36 Quote
About the change in the linkage I believe it's quite similar, a little softer but still I need to add spacers to my x2. No bottoming out and pedals as good as before, you need more air though and I had to soften hsc

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
Hey guys,

I need to replace the hesdset on my 2019 Rallon as the stock Acros has developed play. Can anyone recommend a good alternative? What size headset does it take? I can't find the exact specifications online.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
ahemmingway1 wrote:
Hey guys,

I need to replace the hesdset on my 2019 Rallon as the stock Acros has developed play. Can anyone recommend a good alternative? What size headset does it take? I can't find the exact specifications online.

Thanks

Here's the ones i have on the bike

Top bearing: TH MR 121 1-1/8 45x45 H7
Bottom bearing TH MR127 1.5 36x45 H7

Hope this helps

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 4:37 Quote
I have just ordered the complete linkage kit from D&D cycles in the UK. I went for the complete kit as im pretty sure the yoke is slightly different and it comes with the preload tool etc. Apparently these kits are hard to get hold of. Going to upgrade the shock to a coil and all the main pivot bearing needed changed so thought I may as well overhaul the lot.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 2:27 Quote
Do D&D hold any stock of the upgrade kits? Looking at their website it says 2-3 weeks availability so logically they're ordering in from Orbea, and from speaking to Orbea directly they'll be out of kits for a while and have removed the listing from their website.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
soundrider wrote:
Do D&D hold any stock of the upgrade kits? Looking at their website it says 2-3 weeks availability so logically they're ordering in from Orbea, and from speaking to Orbea directly they'll be out of kits for a while and have removed the listing from their website.

Just give Dave (the remaining half of D&D, Dan's now in Canada) a ring, he's a very helpful chap.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
I fitted the new links (only) but had my suspension custom tuned and the fork travel lengthened to 170 with the 2021 grip 2 damper etc at the same time.

I cant say for sure what the linkages singular effect on the overall change was but f*ck me the bike just wants to absolutely send it now. Super stable over rocks and roots and the rear end is plush and settled over chatter. Big hits are no issue but I use all the rear travel easily now, didnt feel a harsh bottom out though but after a couple rough sections in Madeira last weekend the sag ring was wayyyy down on my dpx2. I also dented a rim for the first time (Raceface Turbine R30) so I can wholeheartedly say that the linkage plus extra travel upfront certainly gives it a lot more downhill confidence and I was hammering sections with a lot of confidence. My iphone also said the head angle was 64 degrees with the 170 fork and 160 links in the lower setting. not sure how accurate that is though.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
Any of y'all know what size water bottle would fit well in the bike.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
I can fit a 675ml bottle with a side loading cage in my large frame.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
I can fit a 700ml in a normal cage on my XL without any issues, however it is dependant on the shape of the bottle. My friend had a 700ml bottle which wouldn't fit. I don't run the tool bag.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
I use Fidlock 600ml, XL size frame, no tool bag. Normal base position is a little tight, but in twisted base position there is a lot of space for hand.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
Kubajz84 wrote:
I use Fidlock 600ml, XL size frame.

Some as me

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
i can fit a 26oz purist bottle with a side loading cage (I have a Float X2 so its tight but it fits).

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
600ml Fidlock on S/M frame with Float X2

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
Anyone have a step-by-step for removing the original linkage and installing the D&D linkage?

I don't have mine on hand yet but it should be in soon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006814
Mobile Version of Website