Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
brayancastillo wrote:
Has anyone else needed to replace the original bottom bracket protector yet? And if you have what did you replace it with. Because I am currently looking for something to replace it with because the glue that was on mine has kind of washed off and now the protector keeps on falling off.
I used a double sided quality 3M tape to put it back. Then bought Rockguardz carbon fibre protector. https://www.rockguardz.com/orbea-rallon-r5.html Just clip it with the original rubber protector. A very good investment IMO.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
Replacing dropper outer. Eurrrggghh. Trying to thread the new outer over existing inner which is in place through the frame, but there isn’t enough inner to go though the length of outer the whole way and the bend at the BB is savage! Have used this technique before but to no avail this time. Apart from buying a shop 50m roll of inner (at great expense) so I can get enough length going though, any ideas?

Any obvious tricks I’m missing?

Internal routing eh? Work of the devil.

About to throw the frame across the garage!

Cheers,

Matt

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Bit the bullet and ordered park internal routing tool. Life’s too short.

Here’s hoping I can sort it now without having to remove the bottom bracket (sram dub cranks so another potential nightmare right there!)

Still cheaper than a shop roll of decent inner cable, and definitely cheaper than a new frame.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
Just curious if anyone else is experience the same issue as me when it comes to the V2 (R6 Rallon) derailleur hanger breaking extremely easily. I have broken 6+ hangers in a matter of 1 year due to the terrain in where I ride (Southern Spain: Super loose, rocky terrain).

I have even had the mech hanger break from overshooting a jump a few months ago! I understand they are designed to save your derailleur, but the design to me seems flawed as they always snap in half instead of bending. My B tension screw is properly set.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 3:25 Quote
The mech hangers from Pilo are stronger.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
It seems 150mm dropper post is a bit shorter for me and i am wondering will 170mm dropper post fits just nicely ? Its size L.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
I have a 170mm RF Aeffect on my S/M Rallon and it’s fully slammed. No issues at all.

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Are there any leaks on what their plan is for a 2022 Rallon? I’m guessing the clues will be with the EWS team when that starts but I am stoked on my current bike and am keen to see if they have plans to update the platform?

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
Hi. Not read the whole forum but interested to know which coil shock is best suited for the 2020 Rallon? Don’t really want to be spending more than the cost of a DHX2.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
I think because of the linear rear end the additional progression of a HBO like the ext Storia can provide is very good and way better than a stock dhx2. The Storia can also be tuned specifically for the Rallon.
Also the öhlins should be very good!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 3:32 Quote
Anybody knows bushing size on Fox shocks on the linkage side? I noticed a little play so they're probably quite worn. I measured 16,5mm and could find only 16,46mm closest to mine which would create even more play I pressume..
I have 2018 model but it shoud be the same with the newest ones.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
Hey guys, made a little video on the ordering process of my Orbea Rallon, and the first ride. Check it out if your interested.

https://youtu.be/FXVUL42p1d0

I’m a few rides in now and I’m loving the bike but the fox 38 is tricky to get dialled in. I’m thinking about hiring a shockwiz. Has anyone tried one?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
Taylor500 wrote:
Hi. Not read the whole forum but interested to know which coil shock is best suited for the 2020 Rallon? Don’t really want to be spending more than the cost of a DHX2.

I have the dhx2 and I’m loving it at the moment. I came off a Norco Range, and it climbs so much better then the range. Hope this helps mate.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 3:16 Quote
There are two variants for the mech hanger, one stiffer and one more fragile.

Remember seeing it in a Orbea rallo review from a non sponsored Spanish ridder (he was ridding a green rallon)

Geoffafa wrote:
Just curious if anyone else is experience the same issue as me when it comes to the V2 (R6 Rallon) derailleur hanger breaking extremely easily. I have broken 6+ hangers in a matter of 1 year due to the terrain in where I ride (Southern Spain: Super loose, rocky terrain).

I have even had the mech hanger break from overshooting a jump a few months ago! I understand they are designed to save your derailleur, but the design to me seems flawed as they always snap in half instead of bending. My B tension screw is properly set.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
I was lucky enough to get a larger thicker hanger (Thank you again Javier, if you ever see this!). I have been told that they will start to produce them again as a lot of people are also experiencing the same issue.

For anyone also dealing with this issue here is the new part # that you can have your dealer order for you, or try to order for you.

Un saludo,
G

alnavasa wrote:
There are two variants for the mech hanger, one stiffer and one more fragile.

Remember seeing it in a Orbea rallo review from a non sponsored Spanish ridder (he was ridding a green rallon)

Geoffafa wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006096
Mobile Version of Website