Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Bryan87 wrote:
Hey I'm hoping someone can help put with my issue.

I have a rallon M10 2019,stock it had a 36 fox with 160mm travel. I wanted the 170mm Zeb, but could only find the 180mm zeb in stock so I bought thay instead. Its easy and cheap to drop it to 170mm if needed.

The issue is - my lower back has been suffering on the 180mm travel. I measured the HA and the level tells me it's at 63°!! If the rallon comes stock at 65.5, and I add 20mm of travel shouldn't it be 64.5??

I have orderes the 170mm air spring for it so I will reduce it, but if I do won't it only increase to 63.5?

I am absolutely lost on this one so hopefully someone can help out!
Axle to crown measurement is also longer between a Zeb and a 36.

Thanks yeah! I asked Orbea and they replied which was great. So I increased travek by 20mm which took 1 degree off the 65.5. Then the 30mm difference in Axle to crown length took another 1.5 off the Head Angle. Which adds up to the now 63.

They also told me that the frame is not designed for a 180mm fork and that it now voids the warranty.

So what I will do is put in the 170mm air spring, which with the 10mm drop in travel and axle to crown length will give me back 1 degree, will get me to 64.

I don't know where to get an extra half a degree back or even if possible 1 degree.

Any ideas?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
bryan87: angleset?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
Hi ,
bought a Rise M10, first 29er and also first err , well you know lol.
I love the handling, and decided i want an analogue 29er, The Rallon is freely available and seems a bargain, so is it any good for trail riding, or just a dh bruiser ? I really want something with nimble handling like the Rise. Occam is not available in UK atm.

thanks
Yeah i went with the older version specifically so i wouldn't have too much travel, but i think this will not change anything drastically. Love it to have a spin around town on easy flowy trails just as much as in steep alpine terrain or the bike park.
It's not a cross country bike nor is it a downhill slayer, but it also never feels out of place.

Well written! my thoughts exactly!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:06 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:

Do you mean some sort of offset bearings for the headset? I really want to keep the offset at 44m, so this would shorten then right? This geo stuff is a dark place to go

Would an option be to increase the travel in the rear 10mm by fitting the new linkages?? Or some sort of offset hardware for the shock? Just to improve the seat angle for climbing.

I have read a few reviews on pinkbike that say it actually made the bike slacker.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Bryan87 wrote:
sxy-slo wrote:

Do you mean some sort of offset bearings for the headset? I really want to keep the offset at 44m, so this would shorten then right? This geo stuff is a dark place to go

Would an option be to increase the travel in the rear 10mm by fitting the new linkages?? Or some sort of offset hardware for the shock? Just to improve the seat angle for climbing.

I have read a few reviews on pinkbike that say it actually made the bike slacker.

I've installed updated "rally on" linkage and it did change geometry a bit to the slacker side.
About the trail value or fork offset - I don't believe you would notice any difference. I would advise you to get updated linkage and 170mm fork. if this wasn't enough then try angleset.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
Anyone had an issue with the oc2 dropper?
Mine has developed vertical play so that it rattles up and down about 0.5cm.
When fully extended this rattle goes away.
I’m going to disassemble it this week to find out what’s going on but it would be nice to know what I’m looking for.
Also, is the oc2 similar to pnw’s dropper?
I’m wondering if I can avoid getting parts from Spain.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
I should add that it also rattled up and down at all mid stroke points in the travel.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 0:33 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:
Bryan87 wrote:
sxy-slo wrote:

I've installed updated "rally on" linkage and it did change geometry a bit to the slacker side.
About the trail value or fork offset - I don't believe you would notice any difference. I would advise you to get updated linkage and 170mm fork. if this wasn't enough then try angleset.

Thanks for the advice!

I still think Orbea are false advising on their geo from stock. If I updated from a 567 axle to crown Fox fork to a 597 axle to crown zeb fork, that should only be 1.5 degree slacker. So from the stock 65.5 it should of only dropped to 64. I have 2.5 tyres on front and rear, so all good there. Unless there is something missing, I can't see how the other 1 degree has been lost.

When I contacted them they told me I have the flip chip in the low position. I don't and I'm not sure how they could see from there factory.

Is there something I am missing here?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
Dropping to 170mm only brings me back up 0.5 of a degree right? Which will have it at 63.5.

It still doesn't add up

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 4:57 Quote
When I added the 180mm zeb, The wheelbase increased by 38mm from 1187mm to 1224mm

30mm gain in axle to crown

BB height by 7mm. From 343 to 350

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Beigner wrote:
I’m going to disassemble it this week to find out what’s going on but it would be nice to know what I’m looking for.

I have some bad sideways play in mine.
So if you post up some pics it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 3:23 Quote
anybody running a Fox Van/Marzocchi bomber CR shock on their Rallon? I have upgraded to 2020 linkage and have a Fox 36 fork with 170 mm airspring and VVC grip 2 damper but my rear shock is still the standard factory dpx2 (which was pretty good once set up but I have never gotten it to be decently supple on small bumps without becoming completely "dead" everywhere else).

I only weigh about 70/71kg with kit and water but if any of you have run this shock I would appreciate some tuning advice. I have got a 400 and 425 spring to try out as I fall between these 2 according to most calculators.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
Beigner wrote:

I'm absolutely sure the OC2 Dropper is a rebranded SDG Tellis post. I was having issues with getting the OC2 post to drop, so I purchased a Tellis online to replace it. When I pulled out and compared the OC2 post to the Tellis they were identical in every way with the exception of the collar. I ended up sending back the Tellis and purchased a new Wolf Tooth light action trigger which solved my issue. I would reach out to SDG for spare parts.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
ive been riding an m10 2020 orbea rallon for a few months now and last month at a race i managed to completely blow up the stock DPX2. I am only 71kg so i was no where near the max psi. Im interested in swapping out for a coil and been looking at fox , fast fenix and an ohlins, was wondering if anyone has experience with running something different than fox. The fast fenix is custom built for your bike/weight ect and was wondering if anyone has any advice( the purple anodizing on the fenix would match my black/purple colourway perfectly.

cheers

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
You can check ext storia too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013151
Mobile Version of Website