Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
Unfortunately, there's little to be found about the shock. I contacted them to ask whether it is as "loud" as the EXT and they told me that it was and after having addressed the issue, they will now have a new rebound setup that is silent. I'll probably try out the shock. I ran the EXT but it was too loud for my liking.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
Anyone got a complete list of frame bearing sizes and quantity for each size
Cheers

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
gruffSX9 wrote:
Cheers

https://www.orbea.com/ch-en/support/manuals/rallon-tech-doc-en-2019

You'll find all bearing sizes in the blue paper. I assume all frame bearings would be cageless bearings (like enduro max bearings), but i cannot say for sure that there isn't an angular contact bearing somewhere too.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
gruffSX9 wrote:
Cheers

3 - 17x26x5
3 - 15x24x5
2 - 25x37x7
4 - 10x19x5

And as Sleeping Awake said, they must be MAX, as they are specifically made for that use. If you don't use MAX ones, they'll do the work but won't last as much.

Posted: Aug 14, 2021 at 0:09 Quote
have anyone rallon 2021 with actual fox dhx2?
i need "fox id tune code"

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Hey does anyone know the bearing sizes for the headset (upper and lower ) cheers

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
gruffSX9 wrote:
ive been riding an m10 2020 orbea rallon for a few months now and last month at a race i managed to completely blow up the stock DPX2. I am only 71kg so i was no where near the max psi. Im interested in swapping out for a coil and been looking at fox , fast fenix and an ohlins, was wondering if anyone has experience with running something different than fox. The fast fenix is custom built for your bike/weight ect and was wondering if anyone has any advice( the purple anodizing on the fenix would match my black/purple colourway perfectly.

cheers

I am running the Marzocchi Bomber CR and enjoying it, they got their stock HSC/HSR settings pretty good - still fine tuning spring weight, I am same weight as you but running a Fox 425 SLS spring. I may go to a 400 EXT spring as the Fox spring rates arent the most trustworthy. I kept my DPX2 incase I felt I needed it but from bikeparkey g-out stuff to choppy rocks I feel it handles great allround.

On another note - looks to be a prototype underneath Vid Persak at the EWS series so im very keen to see if there are any major changes coming up or just some linkage mods. I do hope they make a more compliant back end for the new bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Anyone know where to find a seat stay? I either need a drive side seat stay or i will have a front triangle, chainstays and non drive seat stay to sell.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
Hey ! My 2018 Rallon R5 had an accident and the rear shock linkage is now bent and the threads for the pivots ruined. Does anyone have an old 150mm linkage from having upgraded to the 160mm one that they'd be willing to sell? It would have to be shipped to Barcelona, I'd cover costs within Europe.
Cheers,
Enric

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Anyone know where to find a seat stay? I either need a drive side seat stay or i will have a front triangle, chainstays and non drive seat stay to sell.

I've got one with a hairline fracture running approximately 1cm up from the derailleur hanger mounting location.
It cracked after I snapped the derailleur hanger. I finished the ride and probably should have just glued it back together, but went with a new replacement instead.
I'm 95% sure it would be structurally sound if you glued it back together, but it's definitely a risk....

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
Beigner wrote:
Garradmiller wrote:

I've got one with a hairline fracture running approximately 1cm up from the derailleur hanger mounting location.
It cracked after I snapped the derailleur hanger. I finished the ride and probably should have just glued it back together, but went with a new replacement instead.
I'm 95% sure it would be structurally sound if you glued it back together, but it's definitely a risk....

How did you source a replacement?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Beigner wrote:
Garradmiller wrote:

How did you source a replacement?

Through basecamp cyclery in Denver. Orbea refused to deal with me directly.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
Hi all, here's a short review and setup of my Rallon 2019... maybe relevant for someone still tinkering or considering what the new one will do...

I’m on my second year on the Rallon 2019 and have FINALLY set it up as it feels right for what I ride… and now comes the new Rallon (of course). Perhaps someone is considering another Rallon and I thought I’d share my experiences with this bike.

Me:
I weigh 85kg (176cm tall) with riding gear and ride almost exclusively natural trails in the alps. These trails are mainly hiking paths and are therefore characterized by high speed, low amplitude hits (chatter) over roots and rocks with regular low speed technical, ‘janky’ passages. The paths are also generally very long… typically > 600 vertical meters drop with days of > 5000m vertical drop. I don’t jump a lot but there are always some kinds of smallish drops around.

The bike:
The Rallon is size L. I have an Assegai in 3C exo up front and an aggressor in regular exo with cush core in the back running the typical 22-26psi. The bike is set in the ‘lower’ position giving it a 64.5° head angle. I have the Rally ON link (which is super annoying to install) boosting the rear wheel travel to 160mm and slightly increasing the progressivity of the linkage.

Shock setup.
The shock is the Float X2 set at 165psi with 5 volume reducers, 1/2 closed low speed compression, 1-3 clicks closed (from fully open) high speed compression, 5-8 clicks closed high speed rebound and 2-4 clicks closed low speed rebound. Initially I had real trouble with the shock setup: to get the smoothness on the high speed chatter I had run a low a pressure (>35% sag) and open compression but then I would blow through the travel very fast and regularly hit the pedals on bigger slower maneuvers. Adding the full stack of 5 volume reducers has increased the progressivity preventing bottom outs and allowing a reduced air pressure and open HSC to improve chatter performance. Further, the progressivity and half closed LSC lends a nice pedalling and pumping platform and keeps the bike from wallowing in technical slower passages. The slow HSR has been nice to keep traction on the chatter and a fast LSR has again supported pedalling and pumping - it is not to jumpy on slow speed maneuvers because those are from their nature farslower.

Fork setup.
The Grip2 36 ist set at 65 psi with 3 volume reducers following the same logic as the shock: HSC fully open, LSC half closed, HSR half closed, LSR 3 clicks closed from open. Likewise here the addition of volume reducers (more further down) was a game changer offering better support and more suppleness. Having said that this fox fork has poorer small bump sensitivity still to any Rock Shox I have recently ridden (ZEB and Lyrik), so I may change in the future if this fork fails.

Observations and impressions
- The bike pedals well but not dramatically better than my previous aluminium Capra 27.5 or even more previous Rocky Slayer. Put another way, the variation in climbing performance has a LOT more to do with my fitness on a given day than with anything bike related. As such I have to say that I excessively weighted the climbing properties of the bike. In the alps you anyway only climb roads and then push or carry up single trails, so a not too heavy downhill killer with any modern pedalling platform would have in hindsight been a better choice.
- The reach with L is 455mm and I have a 50mm stem which is fine, but in hindsight a bit more would be better.
- The standover is ok, but you do notice the bike is there on janky trails or when you get loose. More stand-over would be better.
- I’m not sure that 29” is the right wheel size for me because I do get hit in the butt regularly and the bike feels noticeably higher than the 27.5” capra making cornering more challenging.
- The Float X2 air port gets snagged in my knee guards at least once a ride… super annoying, but has not been dangerous as yet. I haven’t realized a cover for this, but I’m working on it. Look out for this with these shocks on any bike.
- The frame protection on the drive side chainstay is too short towards the cranks and the paint has been stipped off there. I have since covered it with an old tube which due to the accessibility and form was quite hard.
- The derailleur hanger is terrible and breaks constantly. I have moved on to one from pilo which is better (see previous threads)
- The EX1501 rear wheel experienced thus far 4 spoke failures in two years which is far too high… besides one spoke rip due to the derailleur hanger breaking mid run I don’t know why. DT wants the wheels for analysis which I will do at the end of the season.

From what I see, many of the observations have been addressed in the new Rallon (longer reach, more standover, higher progressivity of linkage and a higher top stroke leverage ratio, mullet compatible, frame protection extended) so I think the new machine will be more in line with what I look for in a bike.

Maybe this helps someone. Best
N

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 2:53 Quote
Why can't I find shock/fork recommendations based on weight on their website?

The reach keeps going up every year.
Last year's medium is this year's small.
Has anyone sized down and not have any issues. The wheelbase is so much longer nowadays that it starts to lose the playfulness in lieu of high speed stability. Great for racing but not so much for regular Joes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014238
Mobile Version of Website