Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
Hello guys,

I have an orbea rallon 2019. The rear axle (thru axle) says 10 N.m torque printed on it. The orbea setup guide says 20N.m. Does anybody know which is the correct value? Thanx!

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
paceriz wrote:
Hello guys,

I have an orbea rallon 2019. The rear axle (thru axle) says 10 N.m torque printed on it. The orbea setup guide says 20N.m. Does anybody know which is the correct value? Thanx!

10 to 12nm for sure

I think that the 20nm reference on the guide refers to the part on the opposite side of the axles head which joins the chainstay arm. But not 100% on that one.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
Bryan87 wrote:
paceriz wrote:
Hello guys,

10 to 12nm for sure

I think that the 20nm reference on the guide refers to the part on the opposite side of the axles head which joins the chainstay arm. But not 100% on that one.

Thanx for the answer. No, this part you're referring to,says 15Nm both on the part and the manual. In the manual it says thru axle and indicates 20N.m. I just think it is a great difference to the 10N.m printed on the axle itself, so I'm scared to try it. But also in the past the axle has came loose with 10N.m. I am a bit confused.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 23:40 Quote
Just looked at the manual i have for it and it also says 20nm for the thru axle. Its odd for sure, i have never tightened it more than 12nm and i have never had an issue.

Then again I didnt know the manual states 20nm. Thanks for pointing it out , must check it with my LBS. Its confusing, I wouldnt tighten it more than 12nm though, just seems a bit excessive.

You can email Orbea, they are pretty good to reply quickly

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 5:31 Quote
I'm looking to touch up the paint on my 2015 Smuggler, it's the Cyan and Black option. Does anyone know the paint RAL codes by any chance?

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 15:58 Quote
Doh, wrong thread. Facepalm I'm also looking for paint codes for my 2018 Rallon in the standard black and red.

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
Tjomball wrote:
Beigner wrote:
Anyone had an issue with the oc2 dropper?
Mine has developed vertical play so that it rattles up and down about 0.5cm.
When fully extended this rattle goes away.
I’m going to disassemble it this week to find out what’s going on but it would be nice to know what I’m looking for.
Also, is the oc2 similar to pnw’s dropper?
I’m wondering if I can avoid getting parts from Spain.

I have some bad sideways play in mine.
So if you post up some pics it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue i cleaned it all up and flipped the keys and all good now. Also i think you can use the SDG parts.

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
commental wrote:
Doh, wrong thread. Facepalm I'm also looking for paint codes for my 2018 Rallon in the standard black and red.

Id say to try Orbea for them, they have the My Orbea paint option so I would guess the code is readily available

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
I emailed them a week ago. I've had an automated reply, but nothing else, so I thought I'd ask here.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 1:07 Quote
I emailed them too last week but no response yet, other than the auto reply.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 1:25 Quote
Wow! As soon as I wrote here, Orbea just replied to me. They said 10nM is enough for the rear axle.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
I've also just received a reply. They mix their own colours, so no RAL codes and they only have touch up paint for the 2022 custom colours. Blank Stare

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
paceriz wrote:
Wow! As soon as I wrote here, Orbea just replied to me. They said 10nM is enough for the rear axle.

Great and did they explain why the manual had 20nm for the thru axle?

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 14:29 Quote
Bryan87 wrote:
paceriz wrote:

Great and did they explain why the manual had 20nm for the thru axle?

Unfortunately, not. They didn't mention it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008041
Mobile Version of Website