Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 3:17 Quote
I just took the ones out of the fox shock that was in there and stuck those straight into the DVO coil I replaced it with and they worked fine.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
Hello everyone!

I'm currently building up an Orbea rallon m-team frame from 2019. I've got most of the stuff sorted I'm just quite conflicted about the fork.

The bike was sold back in the day as a 160mm front and 150mm back suspension setup.

Now I've seen that you can buy this 'PARTY ON' linkage update and get 160mm in the back but to be honest I don't really want to put down the 300USD on that before having ridden the bike a bit. (This is more of a fun budget winter project than 'dream build')

Now here is my question: Does anyone here have experience running their Rallon 170mm in the front and 150mm in the back?

I'm looking at forks and to be honest unsure if I want to go 170mm or 160mm up front. Would the extra cm up front mess with the intended geo? T

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 0:41 Quote
hitmoanimal wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm currently building up an Orbea rallon m-team frame from 2019. I've got most of the stuff sorted I'm just quite conflicted about the fork.

The bike was sold back in the day as a 160mm front and 150mm back suspension setup.

Now I've seen that you can buy this 'PARTY ON' linkage update and get 160mm in the back but to be honest I don't really want to put down the 300USD on that before having ridden the bike a bit. (This is more of a fun budget winter project than 'dream build')

Now here is my question: Does anyone here have experience running their Rallon 170mm in the front and 150mm in the back?

I'm looking at forks and to be honest unsure if I want to go 170mm or 160mm up front. Would the extra cm up front mess with the intended geo? T

Thanks!
I have a 2018/19...A 2018 Myo that shipped after 2019 release so I got a lot of 2019 spec'ed parts. Prior to the linkage coming out I actually long stroked the frame and got 160mm out of the original linkage. I also ran a 170 airshaft in my factory 36 stock fork. I just used less spacers under the stem to lower the front end to keep front feeling balanced. I liked the bike so much I still have it. Since then I built up several enduro bikes and still thought the Rallon pedaled and performed better than all of them. Only issue I had was the lrg was a bit short.in reach. Still a great bike. Mine is 31.8lbs and can do 5k 30mile days or park duty if ya want to/ I ran it in higher position w/ an offset bushing reversed to steepen the STA. Really steep climbs the front did wander a bit but controllable if you shifted weight forward.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 0:50 Quote
I rode mine for a long time with the original 160 fork and then a cane creek helm. At some point my fork was out for warranty and someone lent me a 170 and that improved the bike significantly! Admittedly I had longshocked it with a 230X65 as opposed to 230X60 Wich should give it just over 160 rear. I even ran a 180 for a day or two before I got the chance to reduce the travel in a fork that I bought new but that was a bit silly for anything other than committed downhill riding which it worked quite well for. Still wouldn't recommend 180. 170 however I think is the move on that frame.
hitmoanimal wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
Thank you for your replies Louisd2000 and jzdyrko. Very interesting stuff! Nice to see I'm not alone in wondering about optimal fork length!

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
Has anyone had problems with their Fox Float X2 shock?

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
timoped wrote:
Has anyone had problems with their Fox Float X2 shock?

Yes.
Just Google Fox Float X2 shock problems and you'll get thousands of results.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
I'm familiar with those issues. Want I want to know is if this has been a problem on Rallons. I recently bought a Rallon 22 model with that shock.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
timoped wrote:
I'm familiar with those issues. Want I want to know is if this has been a problem on Rallons. I recently bought a Rallon 22 model with that shock.

You can actually use the search feature on this thread and see that users have had problems with that shock on this bike.

The bike won't make the shock a better shock. If the shock has problems then they can occur wherever the component is installed.

But I'm not going to claim it's necessarily a bad shock. All components have problems of one sort or another.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:50 Quote
I just wanted to put this video here.

This may relate to the question raised by timoped.

Clevis or yoke mounts may may lead to shock damage and it looks like the Rallon uses a clevis mount.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:

Clevis or yoke mounts may may lead to shock damage and it looks like the Rallon uses a clevis mount.

Well it has a longish clevis on it but it'll turn a little bit on the shock with the way it's mounted so maybe not the worst possible bike for sideloading

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 20:21 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:

According to Fox, The yoke/Clevis mounts that have had issues are ones that are over 70mm in length. They won't warranty a shock with a yoke longer than 70mm...(mounting bolt to bolt). The Rallon 2018-21 is ~69mm in length. I'm a huge guy w/ a DHX2 w/ 3000+ miles without issue.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 2:04 Quote
All the coating wore off on one side of the shaft on my DHX2. I put that down to the side loading.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
I imagine the overlap between Rallon owners and Titanfall 2 players is pretty slim, but when I saw the price I couldnt help but think it was a sign I need to order
photo

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
mudcycles wrote:
Finally got around to building up my Rallon last week.
Large M20 but I upgraded a chunk of it as soon as I pulled it out of the box.
Zeb ultimates up front with gold Burgtec axle
DVO Jade X
TRP Evo DH's in gold to match the frame
Chromag hifi stem
Burgtec carbon bars
PNW grips
PNW 170mm dropper & lever
Chromag Trailmaster tooled leather saddle
XT derailleur, cassette & shifter
Funny fantom hubs with Roam Industries 35mm carbon rims
Cushcores, granite design valves (in gold)
Vee WCE 29 x 2.5 front with the new 29 X 2.5 Attack trail rear
HT T2 pedals

photo
photo
photo

How do you like Jade X on this bike? I'm waiting for my M20 and thinking about shock upgrade. Did you try stock float X? I'm thinking of keeping float x for easy days, trail riding and either get coil for enduro days or have one x2 instead of those two.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019506
Mobile Version of Website