Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 21:16 Quote
andrii wrote:
How do you like Jade X on this bike? I'm waiting for my M20 and thinking about shock upgrade. Did you try stock float X? I'm thinking of keeping float x for easy days, trail riding and either get coil for enduro days or have one x2 instead of those two.

Totally loving the DVO coil!
I didn't try the bike with the X2 as I pulled that and the forks off the bike as soon as it came out of the box.
I'll probably do the same when my new 2023 Wild turns up in January.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
Has anyone seriously ridden both the latest Rallon and the latest Firebird? If so, how do the bikes compare? I'm currently on the latest gen Firebird size Medium with coil at 450#.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 14:27 Quote
Hello!
Been riding the rallon r6 since october of 2022. I broke my r5 frame and orbea give me the new one.
Bike has been amazing to ride, the rear end feels great compare to the previous model. I just have a complaint and that is i'm feeling slow asf in corners compare to the previous frame.
My height is 172cm and i ride a size M. I'm also riding full 29 and 40 mm stem.
I dont know that can i change to make it faster on corners but maybe switch to mullet?
Thank you for all your help

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 6:27 Quote
Flip the link? Coming from the enduro, it corners like a champ in slack position.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 18:31 Quote
After having my issues and reading the numerous issues that people are having online that the Fox X2 has problems and needs to be recalled, I tried to have mine serviced, and a very reputable suspension company out of Salt lake refused to service it because of the issues. Someone is going to get hurt when their shock fails them. Hopefully, if we get enough people to voice their concerns, Fox will do something about it. https://www.facebook.com/

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 0:46 Quote
Lestewa wrote:
After having my issues and reading the numerous issues that people are having online that the Fox X2 has problems and needs to be recalled, I tried to have mine serviced, and a very reputable suspension company out of Salt lake refused to service it because of the issues. Someone is going to get hurt when their shock fails them. Hopefully, if we get enough people to voice their concerns, Fox will do something about it. https://www.facebook.com/

One of the 1st things I did with mine when I pulled it out of the box before it was even assembled, was to replace that shock with a JadeX.
Love the way it feels, and it still climbs incredibly well.

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 12:11 Quote
photo

Hey guys. I Designed and 3D printed a new frame lever for my Orbea rallon that I can actually use with gloves on.

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 12:51 Quote
Hi guys,

I have the new Rallon R6 (M-team, mullet) since august, bike rides great, except for the shock. Initially came with Fox Float X2 and was replaced with the DHX2 coil.

Does anyhow have issues with bottom out resistance? No matter what I do I can bottom out the DHX2 super easily (basic bunny hop or any small jump bottoms it out). I'm running out of ideas on what to do (coil resistance, compression, progressive shock, maintenance, etc.).

I went up from the 450lbs spring to a 500 and 550lbs spring (I weigh 80 kilos, which should put me on 450-450 lbs according to Orbea). I toyed around with the LSC, fully closed it's better but it makes the ride harsh. Still have to toy around with HSC on the trail but with the HSC fully closed I still bottom out on a bunny hop.

I also sent the shock in for service at my lbs, everything is normal and Orbea uses no specific tune apparantly.

Just mounted a Sprindex spring (which are progressive) and when jumping around in front of the house it still bottoms out, still have to go for a proper ride though. I made a videos of the shock. Next time I will rotate the Sprindex thing out of the way, but you hear the loud ping when it bottom's out.

clip at normal speed

slowmo clip:

Previous bike was a 2017 YT jeffsy with a 2020 Rockshox super deluxe coil, never had any problem whatsoever with regards to bottoming out, now I just want to go back to the airshock with which I had zero problems.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 13:44 Quote
blobfromspace wrote:
Hi guys,

I have the new Rallon R6 (M-team, mullet) since august, bike rides great, except for the shock. Initially came with Fox Float X2 and was replaced with the DHX2 coil.

Does anyhow have issues with bottom out resistance? No matter what I do I can bottom out the DHX2 super easily (basic bunny hop or any small jump bottoms it out). I'm running out of ideas on what to do (coil resistance, compression, progressive shock, maintenance, etc.).

I went up from the 450lbs spring to a 500 and 550lbs spring (I weigh 80 kilos, which should put me on 450-450 lbs according to Orbea). I toyed around with the LSC, fully closed it's better but it makes the ride harsh. Still have to toy around with HSC on the trail but with the HSC fully closed I still bottom out on a bunny hop.

I also sent the shock in for service at my lbs, everything is normal and Orbea uses no specific tune apparantly.

Just mounted a Sprindex spring (which are progressive) and when jumping around in front of the house it still bottoms out, still have to go for a proper ride though. I made a videos of the shock. Next time I will rotate the Sprindex thing out of the way, but you hear the loud ping when it bottom's out.

clip at normal speed

slowmo clip:

Previous bike was a 2017 YT jeffsy with a 2020 Rockshox super deluxe coil, never had any problem whatsoever with regards to bottoming out, now I just want to go back to the airshock with which I had zero problems.

Do you have the correct shock (230x60)?

It may be the camera angle but something looks off, like the shock is way out of alignment with the frame.

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 14:18 Quote
Eye-to-eye is 230, the length of the shaft is 65 approx, but if I remember correctly fox make them slightly longer. I believe I did check the stroke with the coil off and it was 60mm. I'll double the check tomorrow.

The gopro does make it look funny, thank you for the feedback :-)

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
blobfromspace wrote:
Eye-to-eye is 230, the length of the shaft is 65 approx, but if I remember correctly fox make them slightly longer. I believe I did check the stroke with the coil off and it was 60mm. I'll double the check tomorrow.

The gopro does make it look funny, thank you for the feedback :-)
Very odd. I weigh 76kg and was running a 460lb spring with no issues.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 16:25 Quote
Sounds like it is time for an EXT or new SDU with Hydraulic bottom-out. I was thinking the bottoming out could be caused by the suspension being too linear. But I don't think that is an issue with the R6, I think it's somewhere around 26% progressive. Any chance the shock has a defect? If your sag is right but you keep bottoming out that might a possibility.
gregs22 wrote:
blobfromspace wrote:
Hi guys,

clip at normal speed

slowmo clip:

Do you have the correct shock (230x60)?

It may be the camera angle but something looks off, like the shock is way out of alignment with the frame.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 3:17 Quote
Unfortunately SDU has climb switch on wrong side for Orbea. Can't find any info about flipping sides with low speed comp.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 10:56 Quote
That sucks. I think EXTs are on the opposite side. You can get the shock and two springs for $850.
Kubajz84 wrote:
Unfortunately SDU has climb switch on wrong side for Orbea. Can't find any info about flipping sides with low speed comp.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 13:02 Quote
Something definitely seems off, like your HSC circuit isn’t working?

If you ride with HSC fully open/fully closed is it noticeably different (leaving LSC fully open)? Unless your bike shop was pulling apart the damper, I’m not sure if they could tell that it was faulty during a normal service.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013225
Mobile Version of Website